Page 1 of 3
This one is a rush job. Started 6 days ago, and only one and a half days work so far. Will be on stage THIS weekend.

July 16th
Birdseye maple fretboard

slotted!

Single piece Korina body blank

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Not only do i have to get this one finished, Ive still got a bunch of flying V's that are being painted each day, and Simon's SS which he will be picking up on monday/tuesday next week. Wednesday i fly out to Los Angeles, so I HAVE to get this stuff done

A better body pic...

Machined and routed

Neck blank

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Neck blank ready for truss rod. Scarf jointed headstock.

Wenge binding on the fretboard

Too wide at the moment, will trim it down later...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
You make this look so easy. I really love your SS model. It's like an ESP Horizon with just that extra magic.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Wow it looks good so far! Keep goin' at it man.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Green_Jelly
You make this look so easy. I really love your SS model. It's like an ESP Horizon with just that extra magic.

Got some KILLER SS's coming up before xmas. Some are client's ideas, and some have just said 'make me a cool guitar, you choose what it looks like'. Expect airbrushing, mega quilt and flame maples, wild inlays, etc etc etc. Can't wait!!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Hey why is there rush on this job? Has he just suddeny asked you 'hey can you make me a guitar by Saturday'

or is it a commision you just kinda forgot about? lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I put the body to the side, and totally forgot about it until saturday. A couple days lost!! Damn!!

Wenge...

... and gold mother of pearl inlay

For those that have seen the previous GG6 and GG7 model guitars Ive built (a GG6 is a Graham Greene Signature model, based on the SS shape), you'll recognise the inlay. The inlay is split into two, with one half matching the body colour (kind of, its wood at least), the other side matches the hardware colour (gold in this case). Previously I have done GG6/7s with Blue body and black hardware (torquiose and black tahitian pearl inlay), and green with gold hardware (malachite stone with gold mother of pearl inlay).

This one is a GG6-FG. FGs stand for.... well, lets keep that a secret for now, but it was Graham having some fun and poking a stick at EVH. It will be oiled, and he wants it to get all dirty and worn in. Cool!! I'll let it get dirty naturally, from playing.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by Absent Mind
Hey why is there rush on this job? Has he just suddeny asked you 'hey can you make me a guitar by Saturday'

or is it a commision you just kinda forgot about? lol

Its an endorsement guitar, so Ive kinda had it on the back burner. Graham (as well as Saxon, who will be playing the Multiscale i built) are headliners at the Guitar Gods gig this weekend. I figured now is a good enough time to get the guitar built. I prefer to work under pressure anyway, otherwise I go too slow

Graham will be using this as his main teaching guitar (yes, he gives lessons to selected musicians) so Ive added offset dots, which aren't on his other GG6/7 guitars. We might add them to the others if he likes these.

End of DAY TWO (half a day anyway!)

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Got some KILLER SS's coming up before xmas. Some are client's ideas, and some have just said 'make me a cool guitar, you choose what it looks like'. Expect airbrushing, mega quilt and flame maples, wild inlays, etc etc etc. Can't wait!!

Hey, tell me why are you so good? ;(

That looks awfully sexy, love the neck : )
Very very very sexy. Teach me your ways! I aspire to be as good as you! Your a guitar building god!
Gosh it looks brilliant even though it is a rush job by the way... are these rush jobs cheaper?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Gosh it looks brilliant even though it is a rush job by the way... are these rush jobs cheaper?

The only way to get a rush job, is to be an endorsee who has patiently waited and wondered how long it will be before I will get started. Then bang, its done I started planning this one well over 12 months ago.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Ormsby, you push yourself too hard, but you sure do deliver the goods. You are such a professional, and your stuff looks sexy
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Perry, I don't know if this helps me or not, but I just emailed you regarding a new custom SS. I know how busy you are, so whenever you get the chance, I just figured maybe posting in here might help.

ANYWAYS

I am really looking forward to seeing this build, AND seeing you finish the V's off......they are UBER sexy!!!!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Perry, I don't know if this helps me or not, but I just emailed you regarding a new custom SS. I know how busy you are, so whenever you get the chance, I just figured maybe posting in here might help.

ANYWAYS

I am really looking forward to seeing this build, AND seeing you finish the V's off......they are UBER sexy!!!!

Already replied

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Perry, you rock man! I will reply!
That neck is SOOOO sexy........ I love birds eye so much....
Man, even your 'rush job' pwns my 3-month-long guitar build! Hah, this is so awesome.

I usually don't like strat-style guitars, because they're usually finished a bit half-arsed, but this is hot - the attention to detail, korina grain, wenge binding, and the inlay work, are inspirational.

That is all.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I honestly can't wait to see the stain/paint job on this one.
Prepare to be disappointed then With less than 72 hours until the gig, there isnt time for a finish. It will be oiled, although i MIGHT add some colour to the oil to define the grain a little.
Tomorrow I will finish the routing, sand the neck, and hopefully start putting on the oil. Friday will be the pickups and maybe installing the wiring. I plan to assemble it Saturday afternoon... soundcheck is at 6pm.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Man.... i don't care if theres pant or not, even without the stain, that guitar is sexy as hell....
That will actually look really nice as bare wood, the grain is lovely
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
That things cleaner than a nuns bum, looks amazing!

How do you route the pickup slider switch?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Looks nice but i wouldn't have expected the trem if this was for a teaching guitar. Next guitar you do should have a finish like blue and green quilt top.
Shame about it not getting to the deadline but all i can say is your work is beutiful and for the first time seeing I am amazed by it!
^? he said the deadline was saturday 6pm

To Ormsby: does he know it will be ready for the show this weekend? or will it be a surprise? how sick would that be.

Also, because your busy with this and going away soon, are you still able to fill orders atm?
I emailed you about a tassie blackwood body.
Cheers
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
The pickup Switch is in a very forward position. He must do alot of pickup switching on the fly
Re: pickup witch
Its a custom guitar, thats where he wants it Real guitarists use all the pickups. :P

Re: orders. No timber orders unless you dont need machining. Dont be surprised if i dont email you back until after i return

Didnt get anything done on the guitar today. Still need to rout the jack cavity, and a whole bunch of other things.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by .Stewie.
Shame about it not getting to the deadline but all i can say is your work is beutiful and for the first time seeing I am amazed by it!

He said he couldn't put a finish, as in the paint. He's still going to finish it
Damn Ormsby... Another masterpiece! That'll look awesome oiled. Beautiful grain! I even like the neck binding - and I NEVER like neck binding!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
You guys want to see something cool??

The new design.... which is embroidered with 130,000 stitches. These are going on jackets, and exclusively available ONLY to guys who own my guitars. Cool huh? Later on the same design will be made in t-shirts for everyone. The first batch will be ready for Saturday, and i'll take some photos of the actual jackets then

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Page 1 of 3