Hi Im planning on building a Little Gem amp today, however, it is proving pretty difficult to find a 25ohm Rheostat. Im not sure whether this acts as volume, gain or something else, but my question is, do i really need it? Is there an alternative at all, or can i just scrap it???

http://www.runoffgroove.com/lg-pcb.pdf

Thanks
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

I believe it acts as the volume. I think that it is pretty important. Have you tried mouser, jameco or digi-key? Those guys seem to always have everything I need. A Rheostat is nothing more than a variable resistor... so maybe a potentiometer with wires would do the trick.
Yeah I thought it was volume. I was just gonna build it this eve as a spur of the moment project to cure boredom lol, so I was looking at local shops such as Maplin.

Anything I could use as an alternative? Or could i scrap it and just have it at a set volume (I have a volume pedal anyway)?
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

I just wired a 24ohm 1/2 Watt resitor in it's place. The amp is not that loud that it requires volume control anyways.