Copy a tab from a magazine you own and put them on this site, but only as long as you credit it to the person who originally wrote it? Because I was looking through the "Requested Tabs" on the home page and I may be able to do some of them. I just wanted to run it by here just to make sure I dont get accused of plagarism when I put them on this site. Thanks.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
Ummm... I not sure it seems like as long as you credit the original writer and there is not already a tab for it then you should be able to but im not certain. I wouldnt just yet.........
As long as you give credit, yes.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
hmmm, this is tricky part of me says no as it would have been copyrighted to the band itself or magazine

but then abit of me says that u should be able to as ur not getting money/ popularity/ or anything like that

so i think you will be alright
The tabs in those magazines are the property of the magazine publishers. It is up to them as to whether or not they this content want up on the internet. The only way to be able to do this is to get express written consent from the publisher of any such magazine. Without such consent, it is plagarism.
When you put it up some people may comment your tab flaming you for copying it straight out of the magazine, but they're just too up their own to appreciate you uploading it for their benefit. You should be OK as long as you credit it to whoever wrote it originally.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by Submit your tab page
Please do not send us copyrighted material or tabs from official tab books

But about magazine,I think there's no problem.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
well i could always delete it if someone wants it taken down, right?
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
Doesn't it say in the magazine, something like "do not post this anywhere else or feel our wrath"? Sum'likeDat?
Long Live Rock n' Roll
Quote by the_who
Doesn't it say in the magazine, something like "do not post this anywhere else or feel our wrath"? Sum'likeDat?
Of course. They want you to buy the magazine to get the tab, not access it for free.

Likewise, if I buy a book, scan every page into my computer, and email that (HUGE!) file to all my friends, I'm thinking the author wouldn't be too happy.

However, while it may be unethical and illegal to do, I don't see any way to enforce the rule. How would anyone know who originally transcribed the song?

Not that I condone any illegal behavior to stick it to the man...
No.

Tabs must be your own work.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...