Poll: poll
Poll Options
View poll results: poll
Durst/Staind
1 4%
Anthrax/Enemy
26 96%
Voters: 27.
Anthrax was one of the very first bands to include rap mix in with metal when they did collaborated with Public Enemy in the song "Bring the Noise." Fred Durst did a cover it years later with Staind with their own style. Which version do you like better?

Anthrax/Public Enemy - http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoLkaGcpJFA

Durst/Staind - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcfSAXksePc&feature=related

I vote for Durst/Staind, it seems to be a lot heavier and Durst puts more of an attitude to the song.
Fred Durst and Staind suck balls.
The Anthrax version was obviously the better version.
Fred Durst is a ****.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
I actually think the Anthrax/Public Enemy is way heavier. and Fred Durst and Staind are both aweful like the person above me said.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
The Anthrax version was faster, but Staind's version was a lot deeper and heavy. I think they handled the cover pretty well and proved they can be as heavy as the big leaguers.
Fred Durst =/= Black.

That's why he shouldn't cover a PE song.

It's offensive to my ears.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Durst and Staind have a version of it? Wow. Also, I was thinking you were going to ask which was better, the original Public Enemy one or the one with Anthrax, but I guess not.

Edit:Just listened to it and I'm pretty sure the riff you hear in Staind's version is Sweet Leaf by Black Sabbath you noob. If not, then its a big rip off. It was awful. Anthrax/Public Enemy >>>>>>>>>>>> Staind/the waste of semen known as Fred Durst
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Last edited by cliffemall123 at Jul 22, 2008,
I'm guessing the threadstarter is the only person to vote for Staind/Durst
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by King ofKumbucha

Fail

Indeed.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by thejoeman
Anthrax was one of the very first bands to include rap mix in with metal when they did collaborated with Public Enemy in the song "Bring the Noise." Fred Durst did a cover it years later with Staind with their own style. Which version do you like better?

Anthrax/Public Enemy - http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoLkaGcpJFA

Durst/Staind - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcfSAXksePc&feature=related

I vote for Durst/Staind, it seems to be a lot heavier and Durst puts more of an attitude to the song.

you.fail.so.hard.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by cliffemall123
Edit:Just listened to it and I'm pretty sure the riff you hear in Staind's version is Sweet Leaf by Black Sabbath you noob. If not, then its a big rip off.

Durst says Sweet Leaf in the beginning.

The Anthrax version is better.
I never thought FRED DURST would ever....ever be mentioned in the metal forum.... so... threadstarter... you completely fail at life...

anyways.... anthrax/PE version obviously...

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean