http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001001&langId=-1&searchTerms=epoch

Cheap, pretty, and comes with everything you need to start with...

What do you guys think? Would it be a good starter guitar set, or do you have and does it suck? And what is the amp like? It looks quite bad, but surely you don't need something great for a beginner...What do you guys think?
it might be okay for a beginner, but you are going to want to upgrade from that very quickly. so you might be better off just bypassing that and going for what you would buy as a second guitar first, it will most likely just save you money and get you started with a nicer guitar that will sound better and keep you more interested
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by NKF176
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001001&langId=-1&searchTerms=epoch

Cheap, pretty, and comes with everything you need to start with...

What do you guys think? Would it be a good starter guitar set, or do you have and does it suck? And what is the amp like? It looks quite bad, but surely you don't need something great for a beginner...What do you guys think?

I'd get a yamaha 112v with a microcube and a monster 12 foot prolink cable. that should be all you need. honestly, I wouldn't get a starter set if I was to start playing now. they're a bad deal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd get a yamaha 112v with a microcube and a monster 12 foot prolink cable. that should be all you need. honestly, I wouldn't get a starter set if I was to start playing now. they're a bad deal.

Quite expensive, and maybe if guitar wasn't your thing you would be wasting money here...?
Personally I wouldn't bother with it. I think you would soon regret it after buying it.
Spend a bit more and get something like a Pacifica and a Roland Cube 20x and you will have something to last you for a while.

If you get the one from argos it might out you off playing as it would not make you want to keep playing it.

Just my opinion.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
i would get like a $300 usd guitar and maybe spend $100-200 on an amp. if u buy cheap crap now youll just have to replace it in a few months when u start to get good.
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
i wouldn't get one from argos myself, when i started i got one from a guitar shop, it was pretty cheap and you know you can trsust s guitar shop to have fairly good quality stuff, i wouldn't trust argos,
ofcourse i've never bought a guitar from argos so have no experience with them, so giving my opinion is really completely pointless

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by NKF176
Quite expensive, and maybe if guitar wasn't your thing you would be wasting money here...?

It's not that expensive really. You have to think that it would save him money in the long run because he will want to change the argos one pretty damn quick which is not cost effective imho.
Gear:
- Schecter C1 in white
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
I'll second the Yamaha 112v. I bought mine 3 weeks back, for £139, it's soooo easy to play, great sound/tone, great quality and great value for money. Love it!! Oh and it's great :-)

You will not regret.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by mudfrog
It's not that expensive really. You have to think that it would save him money in the long run because he will want to change the argos one pretty damn quick which is not cost effective imho.

+1 not to mention that on a cheap crap guitar you will most likely lose the motivation to play as the guitar will make life difficult for you. If you really want to spend as little as possible go for a yamaha erg121 http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG03357 and a roland microcube http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=9479
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by mudfrog

the person you quoted is the TS, who's buying the stuff.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
the person you quoted is the TS, who's buying the stuff.

I know I'm just saying it's worth spending a bit more up front.
Save up some more cash as it will be worth it.
Gear:
- Schecter C1 in white
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X