Poll: Which Guitar To Get...?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar To Get...?
Ibanez RG1820X Prestige
6 35%
White/Gold Synyster Custom
8 47%
Other
3 18%
Voters: 17.
Hey, I've recently been looking at what guitar to get for Christmas,
So i've narrowed it down to the White and Gold Synyster Custom and the Ibanez RG1820X Prestige.

So basically i'm just asking you to help me choose
Thanks.
id go for the Synster Custom, mainly because i dont liek Ibanezes
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
id go for the Synster Custom, mainly because i dont liek Ibanezes

Okay.. Thanks :]

Andd thanks to everyone who posts their opinions
i loves schecters but the synyster gates really isnt my style so i say the ibanez
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
The good thing about the Ibanez is the fact that i can actually get one around here

There aren't any Schecter Dealers in miles from here.
Schecter C-1 Atx Blackjack (FR if you want it)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
The good thing about the Ibanez is the fact that i can actually get one around here

I didn't know there were any Shecter dealers in the UK. Maybe one or two?
Quote by Chasing Shadows

Buying an $800+ guitar blind is a horrible idea, see if you can find a used Regular Syn custom on craigslist or something if you really want one that badly. I'd go with the RG anyway, though, the SD Invaders on the Syn Custom are pretty bad, even worse than the stock IBZ pickups imo.
ahh riight,
Well i'm going to get some Swineshead Pickups on whichever guitar i get anyway.
Going to get a Venom on the Bridge and a Warthog on the Neck, as recommended by the guys at Swineshead and some UG users.
IMO one of the best starter electric guitars is the Ibanez GSA-60. It is a SA body style, which is pretty simple double cutaway. Two single coils and one humbucker. Nothing special tonally, but this guitar has one of the best actions I've seen on a cheap guitar ($150 with a little shopping.) The action is as light as some mexican strats I've played. Two major downsides: ****ty tremolo doesnt hold a tune very long, not very good cleans.
go and find both guitars play them 1st and get the one u think is best for ur preferces
then get that one u think iis best for u
Quote by tubetime86
IMO one of the best starter electric guitars is the Ibanez GSA-60. It is a SA body style, which is pretty simple double cutaway. Two single coils and one humbucker. Nothing special tonally, but this guitar has one of the best actions I've seen on a cheap guitar ($150 with a little shopping.) The action is as light as some mexican strats I've played. Two major downsides: ****ty tremolo doesnt hold a tune very long, not very good cleans.

Ahh.. Thats great..

But i'm not a starter

This'll be the 3rd Electric i'm getting, and i felt like something that i can really shred with,
the Tokai i have now is great for blues, just don't have the right pickups for it aha.
Quote by -n0rm
its july o.O

And yes..

I'm paying for it out of my own money, and i'm a 15 year old, what do you expect XD
get the synyster custom. schecters rock.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by Chasing Shadows
ahh riight,
Well i'm going to get some Swineshead Pickups on whichever guitar i get anyway.
Going to get a Venom on the Bridge and a Warthog on the Neck, as recommended by the guys at Swineshead and some UG users.

Well then, other than body wood, it really comes down to the trem and build quality. The MIJ Ibanez Prestige > MIK Schecter from my experience, and the Edge Pro's a great trem, maybe even better than the OFR on the Schecter.

EDIT: I'd advise you to take the recommendations of all the Schecter nerds on this site with a grain of salt. Many of them are blatant fanboys, as evidenced by some of the idiots in this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902859
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Well then, other than body wood, it really comes down to the trem and build quality. The MIJ Ibanez Prestige > MIK Schecter from my experience, and the Edge Pro's a great trem, maybe even better than the OFR on the Schecter.

Thats great!

I didn't know that.
Thanks

And.. Thats going in my favor there because i can definitely get an Ibanez.