Seriously. I know dogs have sensitive hearing, and I don't want to hurt her. I only play when no one else is in the house, but I always forget about my dog. I usually run my 15 watt tube at full volume.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
That is pretty loud - how does the dog react and where is she at the time of playing?
My dog loves loud music. It does however have the same negative affects on dogs that it has on people; earlier loss of hearing. By earlier I mean when the dog is like 10-12 years old she may start losing hearing. This may be your fault, may be just genetics. Don't lock your dog in its crate and put the crate in front of your 120 watt half stack, but other than that I think she'll be ok.
I crank my JCM900 at 50 watts when I get the chance, and sometimes my dog just lays there 3 feet away from the cabinet. It doesnt look like it's hurting him or anything, he just lays there.

I try not to do it though, because even though they might not show signs of it, theres no way it can be good for them. Just get your dog in another room or dont play as loud.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
sometimes mine will just lay downstairs near the doorway because he wants to be near me but hates the guitar sounds. sometimes he comes into my room and stairs crying kinda, i push him out the door but he hangs around because he wants to be near me but he always howls alot
My dog is deaf. However, I've only been playing for about 3 years, and not that loud for the first two. He's like 15 years old though. I still wonder if I pushed his ears to dysfunction...
why dont you just make sure shes like on the otehr side of the house or something if youre worried about it?
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
my dog doesnt sits on my bed when i play loud.the only time it affects her is when i play on the 24 fret of my high e string.then she barks at my amp and hits my amp with her paw.then i usualy kick her out of my room and turn the volume down a bit
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
maybe its just the really high notes that get too her, like those electronic leashes that emit sounds too hig pitched for humans to hear that dogs hate, i know you can easily hear the 24th fret high e, but it can be pretty grating, and i have people ears, so maybe you shouldnt do that to her, or you could just start playing with her not in teh room, if you actually care about her hearing
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
^ i would think it hurts cats too
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
why dont you people just make sure your animals are away from your amps when you play if you actually care? or turn down?
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
My dog leaves the room when I do warmups, scales etc. Not sure why. But If Im playing a song with the amp turned up he will come back. Cant be that bad for em I guess.
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Flat bickie?!

LOL. I think I'm going to put that in my sig

Yes, its bad for you, why wouldn't it be bad for your dog, whose hearing is far superior than yours?
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
Play this and your dogs head will explode (its a cheat.) For cats take it up two frets.

x|12h14--------12h14---------
x|--------16p14--------14/18--
x|------------------
x|------------------
x|------------------
x|------------------
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
One of my beagles lays next to my amp when I play, but I don't crank it all the way

I like to play the high e on the 24th fret, he turns his head like "Wuts dat?"
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
My dog doesn't like it when I play. As soon as I start playing he barks at the door to get out.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Just put the dog downstairs or in the garden when you play. Just don't forgot about it.
My dog is my worse critic. He has every chance to leave my room and go sit in his fav chair or whatever. No, he lies on my bed while I'm playing in my room. When I make mistakes or played a wrong note he notices it. I think he has a fav song because everytime I play it he rolls on his back and sport a big grin on his face.
Quote by Deep*Kick

Because it sounds better than at low volumes.

Tone > Hearing.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/