my friend decided to take apart his guitar last night and there are three holes neck to the two cavities for the neck and middle pick ups... they look the size of quarters... what are these for? it's a mexican strat...

and another question is why is there a wire hooked to the tremolo?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
the wire is for grounding the strings leave it there. the other stuff i have no clue
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quarter size holes, you say? It's for storing your various hallucinogens. Go ahead, fill it with your favorite drug.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
They could be guide holes for the CNC router that cut the electronics cavity back at the factory.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
CNC? what's that?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
CNC stands for computer numerical control. It's just a computerized manufacturing system, usually used with milling/drilling/etc. Most good shops have these, it reads code that you input to automatically machine parts, like your guitar.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
so is that what they actually are? or are you not sure? cause my strat doesn't have them...
how?

if you have a good computer, you can probably see the holes in the strat on the right.

like said, they are put there during the cavity routing process.

but yes, you can hide drugs in them, so have at it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
awesome thanks alot...