My friends seem to think that every rock song is "Gothic" or "Mosh". For example... "AC/DC are good" and my friend replies with, "Are you kidding me? They're a mosher band!".

This really pisses me off, the way that what they consider to be "decent music" has made them stereotype every other genre, not just rock.

Anyone have any similar stories?
Quote by cobain_is_king
BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I wasn't crying
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
You have not moshed until you have moshed to Corporeal Jigsore Quandary.

Fixed
RULE BRITANNIA
Practically everybody in my grade in school (Besides my friends of course) does something similar. Like if it's not Rap or Pop it's Emo or something along those lines. I don't get why they're like this but i guess thats the way it goes.
Quote by disturbed21
Practically everybody in my grade in school (Besides my friends of course) does something similar. Like if it's not Rap or Pop it's Emo or something along those lines. I don't get why they're like this but i guess thats the way it goes.

sadly...
Quote by disturbed21

Haha yeah. I was listening to SRV and someone called it goth/moster

Oh and Meat Loaf was called emo once.

I suppose... ignorance is bliss..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
This is actually the one thing thats surprised me most since moving back to england from an international school in germany. They're completely closed minded. Sometimes, they hate things just because you're talking about them.

For instance, me and a friend were talking about how the only half decent song on Viva La Vida (Coldplay), is "Violet Hill", and another one of my friends walked over half way through the conversation, and said "Stop talking about your stupid mosh bands. Violet Hill is a crap name for a band." Or, listening to "Mad Donna" by T.Rex on my iPod, "Why do you only have heavy metal?"
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by disturbed21

tis the way it goes, just leave em be, they're not going to care if you try and tell them otherwise.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Atleast they didn't say Slayer was emo, and grateful dead were death metal because they have dead in the name
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by disturbed21

aww EMO man, nearly everything in my school apart from 'hardcore' 'techno' and 'dance' is emo music, and also, if you walk past anyone with a black jumper on you are immediately classed as a 'mosher' funny thing is though, our school uniform is black jumper and trousers.....were all f**ked !
JP
Alas..... their will always be ignorant people everywhere. Most of the people in my school either just don't give a sh*t about the bands I listen to or actually ask me about them. Ironically, its the so called "rockers" that bash my bands.

Example: I'm at lunch with my friend (ex-bandmate) and a guy, who's pretty well known as a rocker, walk past us. My friend and I were talking about BFMV and how we were excited for Scream, Aim, Fire to come out. The guy stops, turns around, and says "Would you guys shut-up about your stupid emo fag bands. If you want real music, listen to AC/DC. Your bands don't have any talent anyway."

It makes me mad when people are that ignorant. The "rockers" here won't listen to anything other than classic rock and call everything past the 1970's "utter sh*t and completely talentless" They have no idea
Quote by 3rdActguitarist

It makes me mad when people are that ignorant. The "rockers" here won't listen to anything other than classic rock and call everything past the 1970's "utter sh*t and completely talentless" They have no idea

what the hell is classic rock anyway ? in 10 years or so is BFMV gonna be classic rock ? and ac/dc are gunna be prehistoric rock ?
JP
If you live in england anything with a guitar in it is mosher to chav wankers.

Best thing to do, ear phones in, knife in hand, STABBY MAC STAB STAB
No one here, gets out alive
At school I was called a goth quite a lot even though the only black I wore was the pants, socks and shoes which was part of the uniform and had ginger hair. Back in school if you liked any rock music you were a goff.
Quote by Cameronrobson
AC?DC have no talent. All their songs sound the same.

But I'd rather listen to AC/DC than you.

You have no right to say they have no talent. How've they sold so many records then? And how have they become so big?

You're allowed to say you don't like them. However you can't say they have no talent.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Cameronrobson

+1
Quote by james99
ok so whats the technique? just backwards and fowards at decent speed right?!
Quote by someguitarguy88
Decent? Boy, you need to go at the tempo of a Dragonforce song.

Everyone at my school says all rap is about sex and drugs and violence.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

You have no right to say they have no talent. How've they sold so many records then? And how have they become so big?

You're allowed to say you don't like them. However you can't say they have no talent.

Soulja boy has sold lots of records, does he have talent?

I do love me some ac/dc though.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

He can say whatever he wants. You just don't have to agree. Also your argument can be disproven pretty quickly by Backstreet Boys etc.

I like ACDC if it's 1 song mixed in with a lot of other songs. If I hear more than 1 in a row I realize they not only sound the same, but they are the same
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

Hurray for the internet! It's not just how they sound on record... I can't say for myself, but I would imagine their live performance was pretty key to their success.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Hurray for the internet! It's not just how they sound on record... I can't say for myself, but I would imagine their live performance was pretty key to their success.

I used records as an example.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by GerGuam
Also your argument can be disproven pretty quickly by Backstreet Boys etc.

It can? Explain.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by disturbed21

loads a people at my school are like this too. it annoys me!!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by big-jamie
what the hell is classic rock anyway ? in 10 years or so is BFMV gonna be classic rock ? and ac/dc are gunna be prehistoric rock ?

No, BFMV is gonna die, RHCP is gonna be classic and AC/DC is gonna be prehistoric.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
someone once said elliot minor are better than pantera, because elliot minor can write songs...

my reaction was

that same person said the johnny cash song, hurt, was way too emo for them
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

Quote by Zorro.AJ

that same person said the johnny cash song, hurt, was way too emo for them

All Johnny Cash songs are too emo for me.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
A few from musically ignorant friends-

NICKELBACK- Metal
Metallica- Emo
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Country
Nirvana- Screamo

I don't have the heart to go on, but the list goes on awhile.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Cameronrobson

Go eat a cyanide pasta dish.