Simple question: multi effects pedal of stompboxes?
my budget is a mere 300 so i cant get much.
i need a delay, loop, sustain, and chorus
whats the best path for me?
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Your best path is to save more and go the single pedal route in all honesty. Or realise it'll be nigh on impossible to get all of those FX on that budget and shorten your list a little
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
i would go for stompboxes then if you dont like one you can change it without changin the whole multi fx unit. as for the actual pedals i would look at boss as they offer affordable, reliable and great-sounding pedals.
would goin for some visual sound pedals that are like 2 in one help at all?

EDIT: oh and could you recommend some?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by weetadsftw at Jul 22, 2008,
^Visual Sounds would be good, as they're decent pedals, but your budget will be gone fairly quickly. Double pedals are good though, things such as the Boss DD7/20 which will cover looping and delays for instance...
Also, can i ask what you meant by a sustain pedal?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
^Visual Sounds would be good, as they're decent pedals, but your budget will be gone fairly quickly. Double pedals are good though, things such as the Boss DD7/20 which will cover looping and delays for instance...
Also, can i ask what you meant by a sustain pedal?

something like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-CS3-Compression-Sustainer-Pedal?sku=151307?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
That link fails, but I'm assuming its a compressor? In which case, they're not for everybody, as they take away some of your dynamics and won't really give you more sustain as such...
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
That link fails, but I'm assuming its a compressor? In which case, they're not for everybody, as they take away some of your dynamics and won't really give you more sustain as such...

oh sorry you have to take off the question mark at the end of the link. and yeah i think that'd be less useful than any other anyways.

also, how does the dd-7 double as a loop?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
I'd buy individual, but go used to save some cash I'd also have second thoughts about the loop. If you are just starting to get pedals, the real question is why do you need a loop pedal right away? They tend to serve in pretty specialized applications, and it doesn't seem like one of the fundamental pieces of a new pedal board IMO. Are you really going to be using the loop pedal that much? Are you a solo act and want to play over yourself or what?
Quote by weetadsftw
oh sorry you have to take off the question mark at the end of the link. and yeah i think that'd be less useful than any other anyways.

also, how does the dd-7 double as a loop?

As far as i know the dd-7 is like a dd-20 but with slightly less frills. Which includes a basic looper on it

And yeah, the compressor would be quite further down my list of 'essential' pedals realistically
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.