i have a line6 spider III 15W amp with a pretty basic fender which i plan to replace pretty soon with a BC Rich. i've been looking at pedals and i'm curious which one is better for metal, the BOSS Metal Zone MT-2 or the BOSS Metal Core ML-2. i'm looking to match bands such as atreyu, BFMV, avenged sevenfold etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
if you have a spider III then you dont need pedals
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Save for new amp and not a bc rich.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I agree with skinzpoison. Save up and get you a bigger amp, with some nice overdrive before you get a BC Rich
Definitely both pedals.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
they won't sound good through the spider because its digital - digital amps don't like distortion pedals, they tend to go really muddy, as the modelling was designed to model around a clean guitar signal, not an already crunched up signal.

If you already have a hi-gain amp and are looking for pedals, you're obviously not happy with the distortion on your amp - in which case, its your amp that you're not happy with, so you should save up for something better. It will be more beneficial to replace the amp than it will be to buy pedals or a new guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by charles2k
i have a line6 spider III 15W amp with a pretty basic fender which i plan to replace pretty soon with a BC Rich. i've been looking at pedals and i'm curious which one is better for metal, the BOSS Metal Zone MT-2 or the BOSS Metal Core ML-2. i'm looking to match bands such as atreyu, BFMV, avenged sevenfold etc. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you want pedals, get a different amp. I have the exact same amp with a boss mega distortion and distortion pedal, if you play any note above the 17th fret the amp starts giving out these weird sounds, that sound horrible. And if you put on too much distortion it gives you a ton of feedback.
Quote by charles2k
couple hundred

couple hundred what? cabbages?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If you have a line 6 you dont need a distortion pedal..
Actually distortion pedals should never be used under any circumstances amp distortion is the way to go. Always.
R.I.P. Dimebag darrell
It sounds like you need a mesa, or some other high gain tube amps.
Look into Soldano also, maybe a peavey or framus.
R.I.P. Dimebag darrell
Quote by Blompcube
couple hundred what? cabbages?

Quote by charles2k
couple hundred DOLLARS i.e. 200-400

I think sarcasm has outwitted his opponent.

you can definately get a better amp with 300 bucks
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Cube 60. ORRRRR if you wanted to save a bit more money you could swing for a Laney AOR combo with an OD to get some pretty heavy tones.

The Cube is a fine amp.
Quote by basketofplastic
It sounds like you need a mesa, or some other high gain tube amps.
Look into Soldano also, maybe a peavey or framus.

Genius get this. This is definitely in the price range of 200-400. /sarcasm

TS- Check out the Cube 30.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Get the Metal Zone and Metal Core pedals and use them both on top of the Spider's bone crushing distortion for the ultimate br00tal sound.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2