Hi. I'm in the market for some dirt. I will be playing through a fender tube amp, probably clean most of the time.

I'm looking for a fairly versatile pedal. Most of the stuff I play is clean, so I don't wanna buy several pedals for dirt.

Here are some examples of some stuff I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuaGB1hA5VI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZS1GW2oivE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsZJ33fK4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbROCpDPCaw

I've been looking at the Proco Rat. Would it be capable of producing some sounds that are fairly similar to the songs above?
Is there a better pedal for the sounds I'm looking for?
I r Pirate!
Last edited by duke_lion at Jul 23, 2008,
i think the proco rat should do the trick
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
can anybody help provide a link for this pedal? ive looked everywhere but cant find it
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Did you try googling Pro Co Rat?
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
depends how much you spend, but i like the hbe big d. you'd need to try it through your fender, though, as pedals will sound different through different amps...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea, I'm definately gonna try it out through my amp before I buy. I'm just looking for suggestion to what I'm gonna try out

About the price, the hbe big d would be in my reach.
I haven't really thought much about how much I wanna spend. But I got a pretty sweet deal on my amp, so I can spend a fair amount of money if the pedal is good enough
I r Pirate!
Last edited by duke_lion at Jul 22, 2008,
you probably have a load of options, to be honest. I'm not too well up on pedals, but i did like the big d a lot when i tried it, it's pretty versatile. Doesn't get super-heavy, but does get pretty heavy (like, say, 80s metal at least).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea it's just hard to get an idea of wat to look for.. all people ever play when demoing pedals is blues (yea ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit), and that's not really what I'm gonna use it for.

soo, more suggestions are welcome!
I r Pirate!
I'd say the rat is more of a Fuzz than an OD very harsh like Fuzz for mine but if thats what your into its a well built pedal.