I need to know what good amps are out there that are top of the line to be my dream amp that i will buy and use for life.... the thing is i always liked marshall amps like the 1987 Plexi's JTM45 Silver Jubillee and JCm800's but i think marshall is really overused and overrated and i need to know about other amps out there! i mainly play classic rock like led zeppelin, ac/dc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix etc.... and 80's Hair Metal Like Guns N'Roses, Motley Crue, Skidrow and stuff like that. Basicly that classic rock/blues 60's/70's sound and that 80's Hair Metal stuff..... any ideas.... any price range... thnx it means alot for me to see other amps that marshalls
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by peterocker
I need to know what good amps are out there that are top of the line to be my dream amp that i will buy and use for life.... the thing is i always liked marshall amps like the 1987 Plexi's JTM45 Silver Jubillee and JCm800's but i think marshall is really overused and overrated and i need to know about other amps out there! i mainly play classic rock like led zeppelin, ac/dc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix etc.... and 80's Hair Metal Like Guns N'Roses, Motley Crue, Skidrow and stuff like that. Basicly that classic rock/blues 60's/70's sound and that 80's Hair Metal stuff..... any ideas.... any price range... thnx it means alot for me to see other amps that marshalls

I've heard that Splawn are good for that kind of sound and the clips I have heard are really good but I personally haven't had the chance to play one.
Quote by A Bad Guitarist
Get a Line 6, can't go wrong with them.

The only ones that I would even consider buying would be the Flextone and the Vetta but I wouldn't have them on a dream amp list.
duh duh duh dumble... but there's no way in hell anyone is going to get their hands on one of those. Mesa 2c++, Hughes and Kettner (I think that's how it's spelled), Soldano, etc... I'm betting you'd like an Orange amp though
Saw a used F-30 Mesa this morning on craigslist. That would be a good choice too.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Diezel Herbert is at the top of my list... Second is a Engl Powerball.. And Third is a Krank Krankenstien.

+1

The Krankenstein? No. Mesa Boogie Mark IV. Yes.

But, for what your looking for, Splawn is great. A Mesa Boogie Lonestar would be great too, and probably a little cheaper.

And to the guy who said you can't go wrong with Line 6, yes you can go very wrong with line 6. I guess you really are a Bad Guitarist.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
You want us to tell you your dream amps? You just listed them. Regardless of whether Marshall are over-rated, you just told us your dream amps are the JTM45's, Plexi's, JCM800's and Jubilee's. There is your answer. Get one of those.
Quote by mlkIII
+1

The Krankenstein? No. Mesa Boogie Mark IV. Yes.

But, for what your looking for, Splawn is great. A Mesa Boogie Lonestar would be great too, and probably a little cheaper.

And to the guy who said you can't go wrong with Line 6, yes you can go very wrong with line 6. I guess you really are a Bad Guitarist.

I'm not a big fan of Mesa's for what im using them for. I love them in band and album scenarios but for bedroom playing they need to be cranked way to loud. Also im not to big on the loose lowend.

And the Krank is just an amp i want to give a shot, havent tested one yet but from the clips i have heard it should be right up my alley.

Love splawns sound and the amps are amazing but im not a big fan of marshall voicing's. I know i know how can i love them but not be a big fan. There basically second place in the tone im into now a days. Prefer a darker more modern tone at the moment. But if things change and i start liking marshall voicing ill only pick up a splawn...
Diezel Herbert and ENGL Blackmore, or Powerball ftw!
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Lol i just came to the conclusion this wasnt a whats your dream amp thread... I really need to stop skimming... Opps

Go with a Splawn, Mesa Mark IV also any of the other amps i named will work as well lol..........
why don't you go and try out a bunch of high end amps and pick one?!

but if something like you location doesn't allow you to play high end amps, definitely go for an ENGL Powerball, Mark IV, Soldano SLO100 or look at a plexi.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Right now, I'd have to say an EVH 5150 III ftw. It does everything I need unbelievably well, & gets just about any tone you'd ever want. I have a few really good amps, but I don't think I could ever part with this one. It's a steal for the price, considering there's a lot of amps that cost over $1000 US more that can't come close to the tone of the 5150 III.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011