Can anyone recommend any guitars with a telecaster shaped body with 2 humbuckers? I already know the Telecaster deluxe + the thinline. Any others?

EDIT: Less than £600?
EDIT2: (not related in any way) I know you can get strats that are made in america or japan or mexico, but are specific guitars made in each country or could you get 3 strats, one made in america, one japan and one mexico?
Last edited by doubtfull at Jul 22, 2008,
fat tele?
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Fender FMT HH Telecaster (£429)
Ibanes FR1620 (£619)
Framus Renegade Pro (£649)
Fender Jim Root Tele (£599)

That's all the ones I can be bothered to find on GAK so all the prices are taken from there.

Edit: And this: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74371

but it's apparently no longer in production so that may be the only place you can get one...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Fender FMT HH Telecaster (£429)
Ibanes FR1620 (£619)
Framus Renegade Pro (£649)
Fender Jim Root Tele (£599)

That's all the ones I can be bothered to find on GAK so all the prices are taken from there.

Edit: And this: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=74371

but it's apparently no longer in production so that may be the only place you can get one...

Thanks.

EDIT: what does FMT HH stand for?
Quote by doubtfull
Thanks.

EDIT: what does FMT HH stand for?

FMT - Flame Maple Top

HH - Pickup configuration (humbucker - humbucker)

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
FMT - Flame Maple Top

HH - Pickup configuration (humbucker - humbucker)

Okay thanks
blade do one, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jim Root Tele? Not sure how much the conversion from USD to...er...pounds...quid....(feels stupid for not knowing the british monetary unit) is, but it's about a $1,000 in the US.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Jim Root Tele? Not sure how much the conversion from USD to...er...pounds...quid....(feels stupid for not knowing the british monetary unit) is, but it's about a $1,000 in the US.

Isn't that more of a metal orientated guitar? I'm not really a metal player, to be honest. Oh and yeah, its pounds hahah the nickname (kind of) is quid...
It's not a strictly metal guitar. More Rock oriented i would say that really brutally oriented. What kind of music do you play? You could look into older ESP Eclipse models when they used to be Telecaster shaped.
Quote by doubtfull
Are they any good (if you've played one)?

i haven't tried the humbucker one, but i liked their "regular" (for want of a better word) strat and tele copies. I thought they were pretty nice, yeah, especially for the price. similar price to an MIM strat/tele, absolutely would smoke one if you ask me.

Though the humbucker-loaded tele is perhaps a little more (still under budget, just more than the ones I tried).

EDIT: in reply to your EDIT #2, specific models are made in specific countries.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RG_FANMAN
It's not a strictly metal guitar. More Rock oriented i would say that really brutally oriented. What kind of music do you play? You could look into older ESP Eclipse models when they used to be Telecaster shaped.

Indie and pop punk mainly (jimmy eat world and arctic monkeys are what ive been playing a lot of lately).
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the humbucker one, but i liked their "regular" (for want of a better word) strat and tele copies. I thought they were pretty nice, yeah, especially for the price. similar price to an MIM strat/tele, absolutely would smoke one if you ask me.

Though the humbucker-loaded tele is perhaps a little more (still under budget, just more than the ones I tried).

EDIT: in reply to your EDIT #2, specific models are made in specific countries.

Okay so since Fender Telecaster Deluxes are made in mexico (apparently? thats what i heard :S) you couldnt get one that was made in america? im just curious.
Quote by doubtfull
Indie and pop punk mainly (jimmy eat world and arctic monkeys are what ive been playing a lot of lately).

The Fender would probably be what you're looking for then, they do it in other colours than the Yellow one they have on GAK so if you look around you should be able to find something slightly less...retina-burning and it's loaded with (if I remember rightly) an SD 59 and an SD pearly gates although I'm not sure which is in which position.

I also find it slightly funny that since my first post no one has actually posted anything that I didn't...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The Fender would probably be what you're looking for then, they do it in other colours than the Yellow one they have on GAK so if you look around you should be able to find something slightly less...retina-burning and it's loaded with (if I remember rightly) an SD 59 and an SD pearly gates although I'm not sure which is in which position.

I also find it slightly funny that since my first post no one has actually posted anything that I didn't...

You mean the Fender FMT HH Telecaster ? I don't really like the look of it, in all honesty. Would the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe suit my needs? What's the thickness of the neck like on it? (If you've played it that is...)
Quote by doubtfull
You mean the Fender FMT HH Telecaster ? I don't really like the look of it, in all honesty. Would the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe suit my needs? What's the thickness of the neck like on it? (If you've played it that is...)

Personally I haven't played many telecasters but I always find them to be some of the best playing guitars in the world, if I remember rightly the neck is reasonably thin; not ibanez thin but definitely thinner than any Gibson and all the Strats I've ever played as well.

Bear in mind that what I just said comes from memory though and that was a while ago...I just know I want one of those FMTs

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by doubtfull
Okay so since Fender Telecaster Deluxes are made in mexico (apparently? thats what i heard :S) you couldnt get one that was made in america? im just curious.

yeah, basically (well, unless you can get a vintage one!). There is a japanese-made version which'd be worth a look, though, i think it's a similar price to the mexican one (which doesn't make much sense to be honest- i guess it's probably because the japanese ones are non-export).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

i suggested blade...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i suggested blade...

Check the link in my post, it should be the very same

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
hahaha, i missed that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?