I searched this and could only find "is it possible.."
I know its possible, and I know how to it, I have the cord/input piece for amp. But, does it damage the amp at all?

Like, can I plug it in my valveking?
My friends amp has died twice because of this. I mean if you want risk it... dont do it for long periods of time, the amp operates differently, there's a max volume you can go to from the MP3, and thats it, regardless of the wattage of the amp, it just wont go any louder.

I'd be careful, i wouldnt leave it in or anything, but be aware of the dangers
at low volume, no it cant damage the amp. First it really depends if its a bass amp, or if its a guitar amp, if its a guitar amp you probably dont have anything to worry about, if its a bass amp you probably dont want to turn it up real righ with the cd player running through it or it could damage the speaker. Bass speakers/amps are meant to play low frequncey sounds, and high frequency sounds could blow the speaker, same goes with guitar amps, but vice versa..
Quote by Vypor
at low volume, no it cant damage the amp. First it really depends if its a bass amp, or if its a guitar amp, if its a guitar amp you probably dont have anything to worry about, if its a bass amp you probably dont want to turn it up real righ with the cd player running through it or it could damage the speaker. Bass speakers/amps are meant to play low frequncey sounds, and high frequency sounds could blow the speaker, same goes with guitar amps, but vice versa..

You got it the other way around. The response range of a guitar amp speaker is often fairly narrow, and because it they are fragile. You can do almost ANYTHING with a bass amp. Bigass boom box, PA, whatever. Why do you think people play guitars with them from time to time like me?
That makes sense. Ill just buy some cheap speakers or use my old ones..
Not worth blowing my 400 dollar amp..
Quote by Vypor

that doesn't make a ton of sense, bass amps can amplify a guitar just fine, whereas guitars can only play guitars without this risk. That said I'd keep the volume down just in case
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Had a thought... I think it has more to do with the wiring of the amp. As most SS amps have inputs. Maybe it needs digital filters or peak limiters or something. No clue.
well i just read about this in guitar world and the tech dude said that it can be done but it's not advisable because....simply...guitar amps are made for the frequencies a guitar puts out not for the wide spectrum of frequencies that the songs on your mp3 player have