So for all canucks in here, I have my g2 liscence, I've had it for a couple years now, and I still don't know whether or not someone in my position is alllowed to drive on highways.

I've googled it, and even visited the ministry of transportation's website to no evail, all they say is something like "you can not drive on highways with a g1, however once you get your g2 there are fewer restrictions"

So could someone please clarify this for me, and provide a link if possible, instead of just saying "well my aunt told you can/can't"

I plan on going up North in a couple weeks to my familie's cottage (in case anyone was wondering why).
and there are the descrepencies..

Keep in mind it might be different province to province let alone nation to nation...
ok...the only restriction is you can not have any alcohol in your system at anytime...thats its. you can drive any road in north america....g1 has a butt load of restrictions
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Well, there's more then that, but I don't need to worry about them.

thank you^
Last edited by technicolour at Jul 22, 2008,
I know in Ontario you're fine, you just get less points and must have 0 alcohol level.
you can drive on highways....just not between 1am-5am
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
Quote by technicolour
I'm in Ontario

why do you still have your G2 after 2 years? lol...the G test is just highway driving...like on the 401

Quote by Bair
why do you still have your G2 after 2 years? lol...the G test is just highway driving...like on the 401

I'm lazy and lack motivation.

But I'll get it soon, because I'd hate to start all over again.
Quote by technicolour
I'm lazy and lack motivation.

But I'll get it soon, because I'd hate to start all over again.

yah...if your G2 expires then you gotta start at G1 again...if u get ur G u just gotta pay like 10 bucks and renew it every few years

I'm Canadian and have a license, but have no idea what in the sam hell you're talking about. What are g1 and g2 licenses?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."