Ok, so right now I have a <flame shield> Marshall MG100DFX </flame shield> .
Basically, I now have the option to sell it and buy a Vox AD50VT 2x12" with the money.
Should I do this or wait 1 1/2-2 years 'til I can afford the Vox AC50CPH?
I won't be able to afford the CP anytime soon, and the MG is starting to sound bad to me (I think my ear for tone is developing) so I'm inclined to lean towards the VT 2x12.
Your thoughts?
EDIT: I'm expecting to get around €300 for the MG (I can USE that Marshall name in my favor, mwahaha!)
I play mostly Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Alt-Rock, Grunge, Post Grunge, Punk and Funk Rock.
EDIT 2: I will be using this amp for band practise (bass, drums and vocals) and small-medium gigs.
My income is practically 0

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by JMcG92
Ok, so right now I have a <flame shield> Marshall MG100DFX </flame shield> .
Basically, I now have the option to sell it and buy a Vox AD50VT 2x12" with the money.
Should I do this or wait 1 1/2-2 years 'til I can afford the Vox AC50CPH?
I won't be able to afford the CP anytime soon, and the MG is starting to sound bad to me (I think my ear for tone is developing) so I'm inclined to lean towards the VT 2x12.
Your thoughts?

how much are you getting for the mg? how much do you have already?
you may be able to pick up something that is way better than the mg in a good price range instead of going out of your way for the ac50

edit: also yeah like i said, budget, sounds/tones/music you want to achieve/gigging or not? just practice? etc.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
How much did you pay for the MG? Because if you can get a decent amount for it, then yes, grab a Valvetronix, or maybe even something like a small tube amp, such as an Epiphone Valve Junior combo.
Your not going to get **** all for the MG.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

hmm.. I like the look of the Blues Custom but the lack of vesatility is a little off-putting...

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by DSchmitty

exactly.. don't learn how to not use grammar please

Quote by DSchmitty

You'd be surprised. I've saw some MG's go for good prices (in terms of the owner who is selling it is getting a good deal) on eBay from time-to-time.
Quote by JMcG92
hmm.. I like the look of the Blues Custom but the lack of vesatility is a little off-putting...

in all honesty i think 2 channels will be enough for 4 types of rock, 2 types of grunge and punk

and you can flick to 15 watts for quieter overdrive or home practise

it may be a tad specific but it smokes ANYTHING else in the price range on tone
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Ok, I'm really interested in the Blues Custom, what footswitch do I need to use with it?

I have the vox valvetronix and it's one awesome amp unlimited possibilities of sound.

u should really try all the models it's beautiful!!!!