I want to buy a Mac Book mainly for the garage band thingy. First of all does it come with Garage Band already in it or do i have to buy it? And Second anyone wanna recomend which mac or Garage Band i should get? My parents agreed to meet my halfway for price and I have about 400 or 500 bucks saved up.
I'd do me........

EVERY new mac has ilife already installed. ilife has garageband.
i was in exactly the same position and i got a refurbed macbook (2.2ghz, 2 gigs of ram)
this cost me about £620 and i would recommend it to anyone.
(please no "macs r ****" comments)
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
@TS: You don't really seem to know wtf you're talking about. Do some research before you spend that kind of money.

Macs do own, I love my MacBookPro. I've actually never opened garageband though, heh.
idk how £620 translates into dollars i know i know its a fault
I'd do me........

Macs Lick Ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls

edit: wouldn't have said it if that guy hadn't said not to. it's my curse
If you're at school, college or uni; you can get an educational discount. I'd say go for a new MacBook if you can.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Garage band is a pretty poor sole reason to get a mac imo.
Logic Studio, on the other hand ...
macs kick ass and it does come with it i have an old one and its garageband is ok for what i use but ive heard that the new one is better
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
garageband isn't all that fantastic.. but yeh, it does come with it
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
im not gonna sit here and bash mac, just gonna say i dont like it.
if you still have a Windows pc, try Audacity. very good, free software with many features. save project files, export as mp3, wma and other types, dual channel, multiple tracks within a project. i like it a lot and i think its really good.
Quote by MetalHead324
im not gonna sit here and bash mac, just gonna say i dont like it.
if you still have a Windows pc, try Audacity. very good, free software with many features. save project files, export as mp3, wma and other types, dual channel, multiple tracks within a project. i like it a lot and i think its really good.

You can't export as mp3 only that aud thingy.
Quote by jsbud11

No, you can only save a project as a .aud. You can export as a .mp3 or .wav.
Quote by jsbud11

yeah it exports it into a separate audio file, with artist, album, song title tags and everyting. to do this though, you just have to download lame_enc.dll and save it anywhere on your hard drive. it will ask you to locate the file the first time you try to export as mp3.
Hey, what are some pros and cons about garage band, because I'm saving up for a computer and I've heard about it, and it might sound cool.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Every mac comes with iLife, which includes Garage Band, which is awesome.

You could get the Mac Book Pro, since it is the one with the best performances.

That thing is awesome too, for recording purposes.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ890ZM/A?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/music_creation&mco=MTA4NTcy

Quote by blue_strat
If you're at school, college or uni; you can get an educational discount. I'd say go for a new MacBook if you can.

Logic Studio, on the other hand ...

You tried Logic Studio?

How is it?!? You gotta tell me!!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Last edited by JeanMi36 at Jul 22, 2008,
GarageBand isn't great, but for someone who isn't too serious about recording themselves, say for a demo or something, it's decent. You need an interface to use with it though. If you want to be a little more serious about it, I'd recommend Protools LE, but you'd want a Mac to run it on anyway.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Doesn't the macbook pro come with logic? That's just plain badass...

I'm using a macbook right now (the white one, you know, the cheapest one?) and it's great. Definitely user friendly and gives an artist a head-start in creative programs. I love garageband, obviously there's better but it's mind-blowing for a free program.
well all of fort minors beat from rising tied was garage band so I'm sure that it isn't just for the not so serious
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
GarageBand is probably one of the worst reasons to buy a Mac, second only to the "It just works" slogan.

There are dozens of superior programs to GarageBand that can be obtained for free. Do a bit more research.
Macs are good. I have a macbook. Garageband comes with it...I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with it, though. You'll need other equipment.