Page 1 of 2
This was too weird to put anywhere else. This just happened.
I had my little 15 watt amp on and i stopped playin, and i heard a voice, so i looked around then realised it was comin from my amp. I was so frickin freaked out. I thnk it was picking up what was on tele downstairs, which was an alien conspiracy thing, i just kept hearing the words 'alien, 'ufo', and 'area 51'. I was just like, OMG.
This ever happened to you guys.
hello
amps are class b digital devices, meaning they have to accept all interference, so you probobly pickled up some radio frequency
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
wat
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
dont say this too loud, government could steal all the amps and use it to track what people are doing and saying

.....it will be the next government conspiracy i tell you.....
....and they will use to help stop terrorists as an exucse.

:S
why would this happen to me?
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Its better than getting some drunk horny taxi driver....

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Are you sure you were not smoking more then cigarettes?? If you were smoking more then cigarettes then I WANT SOME OF THAT....

Seriously though I used to have a lil 30 watt CRATE practice amp that if my brother had his radio on across the house it would pick up the FM signal.....strange lil buggers some times, all is well though
haha, thats cool
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
That happens. My dad's a ham radion operator and if the thing (frequincie or whatever) is too high it'll go through things. Like he's opened his microwave and he could hear his radio through it.
hmm...

go to a rehab
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by blynd_snyper
It's haunted, there's nothing to do now but wear a tinfoil hat..

hahahah
Some of my gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom
Fender American Special Tele
Gibson ES-339
London City Strat copy
Other Strat copy
Taylor Big Baby (acoustic)
Ibanez SGT 130 (acoustic)

Trace 2x 12" guitar amp
Dime Distortion
Quote by holybassbatman!
I have some computer speakers that pick up the damn radio. It's super annoying.

yah..my old set of speakers that picked up truck drivers and cops non stop
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by holybassbatman!

You do know that damn isn't blocked by the swear filter, right?

EDIT: ^Dude, you could have had so much fun if you had a transmitter as well, chatting with truckers and taking the piss out of coppers, hooray!
ya my amp makes weird noises everytime i turned on my computer monitor, and it buzzes real bad when i have my guitar near the computer at all. my computer speakers also make a sound like they are blowing out every time i get a text message on my phone nearby. RISE OF THE MACHINES I TELL YOU>
Quote by blynd_snyper
You do know that damn isn't blocked by the swear filter, right?

how is damn not blocked, that's worse than cunt
/sarcasm-mocking
hello
At college the rehearsal rooms are really badly designed. Like there all sound proof apart from the celling. And the rooms are on the bottom floor.

Anyway the plugs are all joined from each room so you can hear the rehearsals from everywhere else through the amps lol.
Simple answer:your amp picked up a radio station

actual answer:THE ALIENS HAVE LANDED!STOCK UP ON TINFOIL AND DOG URINE NOW!!!
A week ago my amp picked up a police radio. I thought it would be interesting but it wasn't. You know the usual, 3 dead, 5 injured, and 25 raped. Just everyday stuff
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

My amp can pick up my neighbor's phone conversations. Her brother got fired from Mcdonald's.

Never steal the applejuice
I picked up a classic rock station once.

Started playing along to it. 'twas pretty awesome.

Although I could barely hear the station through my amp, but whatever.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Well, my walkietalkie that I bought at the Children store when I was a kid picked up russian radios all the time.. :p Was fun
Happens to me all the time

worst thing is, the station is always playing some kind of rave song
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
It's not actually the amp that picks up anything, it's the cord. The unbalanced 1/4" TS or "instrument" cord will pick up interference. This is why short cords are preferred for going from instrument to amp.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Happens to me sometimes, it acts like an aerial for some reason, and picks up radio signals. Tis really creepy, sounds great when voices come through when you're playing guitar.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Pyrest
The men with white coats will be at your door in 10 minutes.

*puts on tin foil hat*

That'll protect me.
it just picked up a radio frequency,happens to me all the time
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Alvarez 6 string acoustic
Alvarez 12 string acoustic/electric
B.C. Rich Warlock
SQUIER
Ibanez 4 string bass

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
-Jimi Hendrix R.I.P
Get yer Ipod (or whatever) & earphones and press play. Stick it to yer pickups and jam. ^^

EDIT: The earphones that is, but if you have an ipod with a hard drive thats cool too.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
its happened to me, but i picked up a radio station. i asked my dad about it and he said it has an electro-magnetic force in the amp speakers which act like an aerial.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Ghosts!

Aliens!

Indisputable evidence right here!

edit: ****ing hell I hate this capslock filter.
Quote by holybassbatman!

Yeah, so do I.
Listen to sleep now in the fire by Rage. It happened in that too. No biggy.
i read in an article in Guitar World that Michael Shenker (spelling?) was using his amp and guitar with some sort of effects peadl, and it did something and made the pick-ups microphonic. So he could talk into his pickups and his voice would come through the amps. I'm not sure if I beleive it though, he was probably just drunk.
Page 1 of 2