1.What(in your opinion) makes a band worth signing? (lyrics, originality, technicality, looks, etc)

2.What characteristics make one band/artist better than another?
1. Lyrics, originality, and overall sound, technicallity - depends what genre band really...

2. The vibe of the band is arugably the most decisive.
signing is mostly about marketability. if a company feels a band will make them money, they sign them.
A band is worth signing if a record company things that there music will sell well, personally I would look for originality and good lyrics plus a few good muscains on board.
No band or artist is better than any other, they can be technically more skilled and more popular but there is no way to fairly judge that and if you do try to judge it it leads to pointless arguments, i.e the pit.
eh...dudes...nobody cares about lyrics nowdays...well...we musicians do. But not other people :s sad but true. it's just overall sound, energy, good vocals
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
uhh I think making better music makes one band better then others? /thread?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
uhh I think making better music makes one band better then others? /thread?

What is "better music"?
Quote by goldmember1217
What ever appeals more to the specific listener?

That's why I quoted him, is because good is relative to the listener, therefore cannot be defined.