Poll: Do you like the "friendzone"?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like the "friendzone"?
Yes
75 26%
No
209 74%
Voters: 284.
Page 1 of 4
Okay, there are always people complaining that they can't get a girl because they are in the friendzone, so here i make a poll + an official Frienzone thread.

Do you think the friend zone is good or not? Tell us why and share tips with others on how to avoid the frienzone and how to get out of it.

-Rules: avoid posting about your friendzone problems, they belong in "The Relationship Thread", this thread is for tips and opinions on the frienzone.
Quote by madbasslover
I've learned from my experience that almost all guys who complain about constantly being in the "friend zone" have Nice Guy Syndrome, so they don't get much pity from me.

Yeah, only yourself to blame really. Personally I hate it. It's annoying when you've got a friend then you start to think of them as maybe more than that but it's too late.
DAmmit, I accidently hit "Yes."

That was supposed to be a no D=

I don't like it. They always confide in me, and I get nothing out of it.

Ah, well.

Oh yeah, and +1 to the "Nice Guy Syndrome" thing. I need to be more of a dickhead.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
being friends with a chick is an awesome strategy to getting her best friend
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
I think it's good because you can be a lot more comfortable with a girl without it feeling sexual or anything.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Bair

this is true

Quote by Wiirdo
I think it's good because you can be a lot more comfortable with a girl without it feeling sexual or anything.

and this...well, not so much
for thpse who don't know (although every1 should): Friendzone is when you become friends with someone, this doesn't seem bad until you want to date this "somebody", it's hard to date when you're in the friendzone because both people fear that a breakup would destroy their frienship, and other reasons...

-so, any tips on avoiding it or getting out of it?
Quote by madbasslover
I've learned from my experience that almost all guys who complain about constantly being in the "friend zone" have Nice Guy Syndrome, so they don't get much pity from me.

This.

Read The Book of Pook, you wimps.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by HelloHalo
DAmmit, I accidently hit "Yes."

That was supposed to be a no D=

I don't like it. They always confide in me, and I get nothing out of it.

Ah, well.

Oh yeah, and +1 to the "Nice Guy Syndrome" thing. I need to be more of a dickhead.

same man, it sucks
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy

Quote by MetalheadforJC

I herd rap mean Retraded Attemped at Poetry

Quote by HelloHalo

It actually has nothing to do with being a dickhead. It's a term that encompasses several negative personality traits, including low self-esteem and clinginess, that girls pick up on. As a result, while they may befriend the "Nice Guy," they will never be interested in him. Not the sane ones, anyways.
Quote by Bair

.....BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
that was awesome
+1
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

Quote by madbasslover
It actually has nothing to do with being a dickhead. It's a term that encompasses several negative personality traits, including low self-esteem and clinginess, that girls pick up on. As a result, while they may befriend the "Nice Guy," they will never be interested in him. Not the sane ones, anyways.

True. I'm a bit too much of a nice guy.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by lyndon_93
same man, it sucks

They tell me about their problems more than some of their best friends...

Then all I get is a thanks and a hug.

**** you, friend zone. **** you.

I'll stop whining now
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

It's about being the alpha male fools

Friendzone is awesome. It means I can have a normal guy like relationship with my female mates with nothing wrong happening. It's all good.

For the record; girls find it annoying when their mates fall for them if there isn't a hint of attractiveness going Sell yourself!
well friendzone is expected if oyu have "Nice Guy Syndrome", the worst kind of friendzone is when you start having feelings for a girl whose you're friend, also the most dangerous Nice Giy Syndrome case is when you are the person who the girl complains about her boyfriend to.
Most of my friends are female, so I like it. I guess I'm not the kind of guy who sees every woman as a potential sex victim like most of the pit..
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by thedefrockednun
for thpse who don't know (although every1 should): Friendzone is when you become friends with someone, this doesn't seem bad until you want to date this "somebody", it's hard to date when you're in the friendzone because both people fear that a breakup would destroy their frienship, and other reasons...

-so, any tips on avoiding it or getting out of it?

Be more forward.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
Quote by thedefrockednun
well friendzone is expected if oyu have "Nice Guy Syndrome", the worst kind of friendzone is when you start having feelings for a girl whose you're friend, also the most dangerous Nice Giy Syndrome case is when you are the person who the girl complains about her boyfriend to.

All of those apply to me.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

Quote by Craigo
It's about being the alpha male fools

Friendzone is awesome. It means I can have a normal guy like relationship with my female mates with nothing wrong happening. It's all good.

For the record; girls find it annoying when their mates fall for them if there isn't a hint of attractiveness going Sell yourself!

I agree totally.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
so am i the only one who thinks this "friendzone" stuff is pure sitcom fodder, and an excuse used by guys when they a) don't have the stones to make a move, or b) don't have the stones to admit they've been rejected..
Quote by Bair

+1
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

i love the friend zone. it's an excuse for makin out with your hot girls mates 'accidently', but knowing it requires no committment
hello
lol i'm not saying friendzone is bad, but you have to becareful which girls you want to end up in the friendzone with, has anybody here ever asked a girl ou (succesfully) even though you were in the friend zone?
Quote by blackflag49
so am i the only one who thinks this "friendzone" stuff is pure sitcom fodder, and an excuse used by guys when they a) don't have the stones to make a move, or b) don't have the stones to admit they've been rejected..

...no... trust me it's real. Have you ever been very close to a female friend, the way that you never thought of her sexually? Imagin now that you think of ALL girls this way... and so girls start thinking of you that way too.
Quote by Bair

lol you win the thread!!!!!!!
I think this may have been the first time I've ever said anything remotely intelligent.....I've taken my own stupidity virginity...... I feel cold.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by fortysix&2
Most of my friends are female, so I like it. I guess I'm not the kind of guy who sees every woman as a potential sex victim like most of the pit..

it aint always for teh sex buddy...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Found it! This is a list of traits in a "Nice Guy" compared to a regular guy. This could really help if you're willing to take a good look at yourself. Hell, just reading this thing completely changed the way I looked at everything that I once felt downtrodden and depressed about.

Quote by heavenbesideyou
it aint always for teh sex buddy...

You sir, are wrong.
hello
Quote by Pott
...no... trust me it's real. Have you ever been very close to a female friend, the way that you never thought of her sexually?
only if she's unattractive..
Quote by madbasslover
Found it! This is a list of traits in a "Nice Guy" compared to a regular guy. This could really help if you're willing to take a good look at yourself. Hell, just reading this thing completely changed the way I looked at everything that I once felt downtrodden and depressed about.

I'm one of those 'nice guys' but very little of those things apply to me. It's A LOT deeper and different than that.
Quote by blackflag49
only if she's unattractive..

Wow. Ok. I don't even need to argue that one!
I'm definitely a nice guy, though not THAT bad.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
madbasslover...

Why help dorks?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

I'd like to add that saying that the guy being nice is manipulative is sort of BS. Like I've never done anything. I've never spent a dime on a girl. But I think girls would view that as sort of stingy. I do do things like hold the door open and stuff.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
Page 1 of 4