Page 1 of 2
Hey all, just looking for some NEW modern rock bands to check out..

So far Ive come across.

Alter Bridge
Nickelback
3 doors down (only just lol)

Not a huge list I know!! but I need more modern bands to inspire me for riff's ect!. Everybodys trying to sound like Maiden or Guns and Roses and im so over that whole thing now.. dont get me wrong, I can play all that but I just want some new modern sounds!!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Oh yeah, when I say MODERN I dont mean stuff like Nirvana and all that.. thats NOT modern as far as im concerned and it doesnt sound like it either!!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Quote by blue_strat
Nickelback have been active since 1995 ...

Yeah I know, but they have that MODERN sound y'know! its just what I think of as modern.
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by iantheman
velvet revolver

Oh yeah I already know them lol (but forgot!)

Exellent band!
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by FreedomFighter
Well, I dunno, you might wanna check out my band, www.myspace.com/someelectriclife

Not bad man, not for me.. but good stuff.
Quote by Count Seanula
Okay so far we have..

Alter Bridge
Nickelback
3 doors down (only just lol)
Audioslave
Muse
Biffy Clyro
finger 11

Keep 'em comming! thanks
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by Quidra
placebo is good, but its more like punk.

Those guys are well old man! Dont get me wrong I do.. well did like them until about they're 4th album.. after those I loose interest.
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by Quidra
oh ok

LoL, that is one they're better songs though.. I dont really have a fav as I like so many of them off 3 or 4 albums
Quote by Count Seanula
There's a modern rock recommendation thread in the stickies. To help you out a bit, check out Pearl Jam's newer stuff. I know they've been a band since 1990 but they have constantly tried to change their sound and really sound like a modern band. I'll also recommend you modern Incubus. Especially the 'A Crow Left Of The Murder' album.
Quote by dio5288
liking nickelback is the first step down a very dark, dark road

Yeah Yeah..
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by frankv
There's a modern rock recommendation thread in the stickies. To help you out a bit, check out Pearl Jam's newer stuff. I know they've been a band since 1990 but they have constantly tried to change their sound and really sound like a modern band. I'll also recommend you modern Incubus. Especially the 'A Crow Left Of The Murder' album.

Cool will do man.. jesus I havn't listened to Incubus in years!
Quote by Count Seanula
The Libertines
Arctic Monkeys
Dirty Pretty Things
Last Shadow Puppets
Babyshambles
Quote by levak11111
The Libertines
Arctic Monkeys
Dirty Pretty Things
Last Shadow Puppets
Babyshambles

Aw jesus man I said ROCK BANDS .. I am british, I have to listen to bloody Indie music all day anyways! ..with they're stupid charity shop image and fake northen accents... uuuurrrrggg "shudders".

Thanks for trying to help though I guess lol
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by steve_muse
Smashing Pumpkins.

Great band man! anyone who doesn't have a copy of mellon collie and the infinite sadness needs a slap!
Quote by Count Seanula
saving abel
three days grace
breaking benjemin
staind
theory of a deadmen
just listen to anything on the radio basically
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
saving abel
three days grace
breaking benjemin
staind
theory of a deadmen
just listen to anything on the radio basically

Cheers dude, well I would listen to the radio but (do you live in the uk?) theres hardly ANY rock music played on the radio in the UK its REALLY REALLY BAD.. and I dont have sky TV.
Quote by Count Seanula
Quote by synth002
Aw jesus man I said ROCK BANDS .. I am british, I have to listen to bloody Indie music all day anyways! ..with they're stupid charity shop image and fake northen accents... uuuurrrrggg "shudders".

alrite then, try Manic Street Preachers, not very new but i only discovered them myself a few months ago so they are new to me

and btw Artics really are from up north, and none of the other bands ive listed earlier have "fake northren accents" tbh. apart from LSP (who are just Turner and Kane who are both northern).

also, check out Foxboro Hot tubs (if u havent already)
Quote by synth002
Cheers dude, well I would listen to the radio but (do you live in the uk?) theres hardly ANY rock music played on the radio in the UK its REALLY REALLY BAD.. and I dont have sky TV.

Nope not in the UK.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by synth002

Its funny y'know, cause none of those bands fit your explanation, any they are all very good
Quote by frankv
They've only been releasing studio albums since 1999 I think, and they're still active. They're modern, not new though.

I meant to say new (hence the edit).
Quote by levak11111
alrite then, try Manic Street Preachers, not very new but i only discovered them myself a few months ago so they are new to me

and btw Artics really are from up north, and none of the other bands ive listed earlier have "fake northren accents" tbh. apart from LSP (who are just Turner and Kane who are both northern).

also, check out Foxboro Hot tubs (if u havent already)

Coolies man. Okay!, you know what I mean about fake accent's though! lol.
Quote by Count Seanula
Okay, muse are cool but they have a sound that you cannot really learn much from, in my opinion anyways.. they're syle is so potent that I couldn't add it to my own, it just woudn't sound right!

Calm down!
Quote by Count Seanula
Page 1 of 2