Page 1 of 2
you asked to guy in the store if you could test the guitar, he leads you to the sound room, you get amp and such setup, take seat and you are ready rock...but then you find out you forgot to bring your pick...

so then you embarassingly walk out to buy 1 pick for 50 cent..

Happened to me few times >_<

anyone else forgets his pick?
You can just ask them for a pick you know...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I always keep a couple in my wallet. Plus theres usually 1 or 2 in my pocket.

I forgot once though, they just gave me a free one.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by ChemicalFire
You can just ask them for a pick you know...

no my local guitar store got this big "NO PICK BORROWING" sign
Quote by Jasdebi

Lame. Yeah, I just use it as an opportunity to try out new picks. It's how I discovered I love Tortexes and despise Jazz III's.
Quote by Jasdebi

That's freaking cheap.

At my local guitar store, they even give away whammy bars wich I guess are worth more than picks... or w/e that but that's a cheap shot
Quote by Jasdebi

Yeah I tend to steal all the picks they let me "borrow". Sorry for ruining your store.

I keep a few picks in my wallet though. 'Cause I usually hang around campus and there are always other guitarists there, so I have to be ready to duel. There can only be one, you know.
eh if i forget my pics ill just play with my fingers lol im use to it playin classical guitar and pickin up my electrics ill just use my fingers before grabbing at the pics
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
usually they keep some picks for trying guitar.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Lame. Yeah, I just use it as an opportunity to try out new picks. It's how I discovered I love Tortexes and despise Jazz III's.

Haha, i went from Tortex orange/yellows to Jazz III's!

My guitar teacher used them, so I thought well. If hes so good, I should try them out. They take a bit to get used to but you get way better pick technique I believe. Having to hold on for dear life and know where your limits are with them.
guitar center will just give you them, the one by me (detroit) has the pickholders on the ends of the isles and there always full

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jasdebi

That is seriously crap...but anyway, I keep a pick on my person at all times; you never know when someone is going to have a guitar or you're going to find something you want to play in a music shop.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
what's even worse is when you pick up a sick guitar off the shelf with a locking floyd rose, it's out of tune, and you forgot your allen wrench
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by Jammin'
what's even worse is when you pick up a sick guitar off the shelf with a locking floyd rose, it's out of tune, and you forgot your allen wrench

I walk up to an employee and tell them to tune it. They've got no business keeping guitars on display that aren't playable.
Thus i keep picks in the little pocket on jeans that is useless to hold picks. I also hate when the action is so low that the strings lay on the fret board and you can't play it.
Quote by Jasdebi

Guitar Centre?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Every guitar store I've gone to will "lend" you a pick if you ask them.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That is seriously crap...but anyway, I keep a pick on my person at all times; you never know when someone is going to have a guitar or you're going to find something you want to play in a music shop.

+1. I actually think I carry too many picks lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Jasdebi

Use a quarter and strum real hard.... They'll love that.
Quote by ajax3006
What kind of guitar store won't give you a pick?

walmart?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I walk up to an employee and tell them to tune it. They've got no business keeping guitars on display that aren't playable.

Man you'd die in my country. This is the only place where you can find out what guitar holds tuning the best because they only tune them once, and that's in the factory. Not to mentoin the horrors people do to tube amps there.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
hahah this is why i grow my index finger nail so i can use it as a pick if i forget =D but the store owner at my local music store stole my pick D=, i was trying a tele then he comes and says hey lemme see your pick.. then he puts it in his pocket and walks away =(
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

Employees at my local guitar strore decided that they didnt want to, and they told me they "Don't have time right now" Then they went back, sat down, and started flipping through a catalog. So i just plugged the guitar in, turned the amp up a bit, and just played it out of tune. They shot me many a dirty look as i walked out of the store.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Employees at my local guitar strore decided that they didnt want to, and they told me they "Don't have time right now" Then they went back, sat down, and started flipping through a catalog. So i just plugged the guitar in, turned the amp up a bit, and just played it out of tune. They shot me many a dirty look as i walked out of the store.

btw, do I remind you of someone? (avatar)
Quote by gtr_101
guitar center will just give you them, the one by me (detroit) has the pickholders on the ends of the isles and there always full

Hmm I Go to Southfeild, flint, or canton, Canton sucks by the way. Is detroit got anything good there. Plus I hate there picks

I normally get Fender .88 Delrins and cut them up and they work perfect, and dont' slip
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by Jasdebi
you asked to guy in the store if you could test the guitar, he leads you to the sound room, you get amp and such setup, take seat and you are ready rock...but then you find out you forgot to bring your pick...

so then you embarassingly walk out to buy 1 pick for 50 cent..

Happened to me few times >_<

anyone else forgets his pick?

wait your music store has a sound room? you are super lucky. also just carry a pick. i have one on the back of my ipod case that is always there.
Quote by aznrockerdude
+1. I actually think I carry too many picks lol.

I know I don't; I always make sure I have exactly one in every pair of trousers I own and try to keep them relatively fresh so they're never worn down too badly but then again I buy my picks in bulk so it's not too hard for me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by electricdeath
Hmm I Go to Southfeild, flint, or canton, Canton sucks by the way. Is detroit got anything good there. Plus I hate there picks

The one near Detroit, (Allen Park) is probably the best one ive been to. Huge place. Bigger then the Canton one, Bigger selection, Plus the staff, (I believe) are more friendly.
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s
I usually keep my picks in my wallet,and ALWAYS donate my picks to the music shop.I leave my pick on the amp for awhile to do some fingerpicking and walk out without taking it.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
my guitar center has a bowl of guitar picks on the store counter. they don't seem to care
My store has three or four little things of picks sitting around the guitar and amp room. Whenever someone forgets their pick, in it goes.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Page 1 of 2