Recently bought a new guitar (Epifone SG if it matters). However, my old guitar, my first, a Fender Squire, was a little rusty, but I liked how easy it was to grip the strings when bending them.

On this new guitar, the strings roll when bent. So much that they roll out of my finger's grip. Any fixes for this? Or is it just a wear and tear fix?
Yeah I have no fockin idea of what he means by rolling. Unless you mean that the tension is too tight and you can't bend up as far as you used to on your older guitar, and your finger rolls over the string thus losing your grip...? Is that whats happening...?
i think he means like a nylon string guitar string woud do, if anyone here has ever played one

it really SHOULDN"T do that on a new guitar, what gauge are the strings?
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
the new strings arent as broken in as the ones on ur squier SOO.... naturally there not gonna be as easy to bend
CT Musicians

"Rebellion happens in the mind, you cant create it, you just are that way" - SLC Punk!
sorry, left the computer for a while. but when I bend the string (it happens more when i bend it up then down), the string twists, and, because it wants to remain in its original position, twists back, rolling out from my finger's grip.

instead of putting the recoiling force straight downward like it did on my fender, this guitar is putting in into a rolling motion.

its really hard to describe. i hope this helps in the least bit.
It sounds like you aren't gripping the string hard enough
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Grip the strings harder and use a higher gauge string. you need at least 10s with the short gibson scale.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Grip the strings harder and use a higher gauge string. you need at least 10s with the short gibson scale.

That is absolutely untrue. You could use .08's if you wanted. I use .09's, and there is no problem. As far as telling him to get higher gauge strings, if he can't grip them as is, do you really think tighter tension strings will make it easier?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Maybe the strings are twisted along its length. Although I have no idea how that could happen. I had seen recently an interview with EVH mentioning that he makes sure that his strings are not twisted (first time i've ever heard of that), and again im not sure how this could even happen. Just change the strings and see what happens.