Page 1 of 2
what do you think is the most versatile gutiar in the world, that can do John Mayer to Opeth, Jimi Hendrix to Van Halen....

id say the Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS Floyd Rose (500 in GC)...
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
inb4PRS

I'd say some sort of Les Paul.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Moog guitar.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
ibanez claims its S prestige model is

+1 to the guy who said SGs, they're wonderful

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Not this goddamn thread again.

Prepare for closure.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
The wangcaster.

haha

No, but seriously. probably a customized HSS Strat.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
As much as I hate to say this I think it might very well be the Ibanez E-Gen, has anyone else actually looked at the switching options on that thing?

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I reckon there's a consensus that Strats, Les Pauls and, to a lesser extent, Teles can all do almost anything. They've all been used for everything from country through psychedelia to metal, so I'm inclined to agree.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I know this won't win, but its my own guitar and I love its versatility.

Fender Jaguar, soft single coil in neck for blues, twangy single coil in bridge for country/rockabilly, neck and bridge in series for heavier humbucking stuff.

Then bam! the rhythm circuit for bassy tones (not like a bass really but still cool if you get the settings right).

Nice big 1meg tone pots with that weird sonic switch to give me much more tonal versatility then say a strat or tele.

And a nice little tremolo at the back for added kicks.

I know Jags get a rough ride, but when set up right they are my favourite Fender. Took freaking ages to get my right and I'm scared everytime I pick it up incase I upset it, but that makes it all the more fun!

Jazzmasters and Jaguars are too cool for words, sexy little beasts, even my girlfriend likes them and she doesn't even get guitars!
Quote by IamAwesomeness
line 6 variax hands down -.-
its not just one guitar tht can do everything
its like 12

It's actually 25. I haven't found anything more versatile then my variax 700.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Godin LGXT AAA

2 Humbuckers, Piezo Bridge, Roland Synth pickup, and a trem.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
BC Riches are the most versatile guitars, because their shape lets you play metal and blues, like Yngwie Malmsteen.
I honestly think it would have to be a 7 string with two humbuckers with coil splitters, a single coil in the center position, a phase switch, a floyd rose, and about 10 knobs and switches for volume and tone.
Quote by Toker420
Gibson SG

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Les Paul or some kind of Caparison
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Strat, since they're so easily modded.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Gibson SG, ANY PRS or a Parker Fly.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
well i don't know about in the world but the most versatile guitar iv played is my schecter c1-classic does everything from jazz to death metal with ease
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Quote by scott58
It's actually 25. I haven't found anything more versatile then my variax 700.

not to mention you can customise models/tuning. it has 50 stock tones and 60 switching positions on the guitar (12 banks each with 5 patches per bank), but you can customise every one of these settings with that workbench software. It doesn't sound as good as the real thing, mind, it sounds kinda artificial, especially when you have worn out strings, but its still a very versatile guitar. I don't know if its more versatile than one of those guitars with midi pickups though.. EDIT: Like the Godin FacingUsAll posted.

also that les paul HD6Xpro or whatever it is could be pretty versatile, due to the fact it has an output for each string...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If it was a digital guitar it would be the Line 6 Variax. If it was a standard guitar HSS Strat.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Has to be this

Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
Quote by TERU
Has to be this

looks like a mutant wangcaster with more strings...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
what do you think is the most versatile gutiar in the world, that can do John Mayer to Opeth, Jimi Hendrix to Van Halen....
Strat, PRS, Strat, Strat.

That being said, I'd say HSS Strat. I've always loved how it sounded, but I could never get used to the feel of strats, I just prefer LPs.

And for the love of all that is guitar, stop saying SG!
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Page 1 of 2