Page 1 of 4
Ever had someone you know think that DUMBEST thing ever is correct?

I was at work today, and I walked up to a couple of high school guys two or three years younger than me who work with me, and I don't remember why, but they were talking about weed/drugs (it's important to note that neither they nor I ever said "marijuana" untill I write it here), and I asked them what they were talking about, and they said something I don't remember, but then they told me that weed is a "memory loss drug" and that smoking it makes you get high (like it does), but then that when you come back down, your brain was affected by the weed so that you cannot even recall getting high. I of course knew that they had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, so I said so. They then began accusing me of being a pothead (which happens all the time, I'm not, but I'm used to people thinking I am) and when I retallliated with saying "I've never smoked weed in my life."

They (and I wish I could say they were just being dumb to mess with me; they are really this dumb) then said that if I did smoke weed, then I wouldn't remember it because it's a "memory loss drug." I said word for word "Have you ever even met someone who smoked marijuana? I can guarantee that that is not what happens."

They said, "Well of course MARIJUANA doesn't do that, we're talking about WEED."

My jaw dropped and I just turned around and walked away.

What about you guys? Anything like this?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
shouldn't this go in the "funniest thing you're heard said seriously" or whatever thread?

Yeah. The rumors are true. I'm a twat.
Hahah I don't associate with any sort of that standard of moron.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by National_Anthem
My friends are convinced that your eyeballs fall out of your skull if you sneeze without blinking.

No one really knows what happens because it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. It's part of the reflex of sneezing, it's used to help keep things out of your body.
Portugal. The Man »–
I had a friend tell me once that homosexuality was a mental disease/disorder that only developed within the last century in western civilization.

This guy was upset because he was in psychology class and they were talking about homosexuality. He stood up in front of the class and spewed this bull**** out and could not understand why everyone was laughing their asses off at him.

This was such an ignorant statement to make that I was actually mad at him. I told him that if I had been there I would have fallen out of my chair laughing at him because it was the stupidest thing he had ever heard. He seemed a little butthurt, but I am like 3 years older than him so he had to accept my wisdom in pouting silence.
I hate it when people call metal "screamo".
If that counts.

>.<

"lolz you like teh JFAC? I hate Screamo music."

Makes me want to slap someone.
Last edited by ANTHRAX† at Jul 22, 2008,
this is really the dumbest thing you've heard people say?

Wow.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by jasonmetal love
No one really knows what happens because it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. It's part of the reflex of sneezing, it's used to help keep things out of your body.

I had someone hold both of my eyelids apart whilst I sneezed. I can assure you I still have both eyes.
My brother when he was in college in NH, assured me and my dad that St. Anselm's was "...applying for Ivy League status...". I wish I was joking
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by jasonmetal love

So, even if you do something very drastic to keep them open, let's say (although this is kinda morbid) I don't know, stapling them open or something freaky like that. They would still close?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by jasonmetal love

I'm pretty sure I saw a mythbusters where they taped the guy's eyes open while he sneezed and nothing happened.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by National_Anthem
I had someone hold both of my eyelids apart whilst I sneezed. I can assure you I still have both eyes.

... in a jar beside your bed.
that if gay parents adopted a child, the child would end up gay *facepalm*
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
well over time pot can damage your short term memory causing you to have trouble remembering things from not too long ago, but it doesn't instantly and completely repress short term memories.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Jim: I'm just saying that you can't be sure that is wasn't you.
Dwight: That's ridiculous, of course it wasn't me.
Jim: Marijuana is a memory loss drug, so maybe you just don't remember.
Dwight: I would remember.
Jim: Well, how could you, if it just erased your memory?
Dwight: That's not how it works.
Jim: Now how do you know how it works?
Dwight: Knock it off, okay, I'm interviewing you.
Jim: No! You said that I'd be conducting the interview when I walked in here. Now exactly how much pot did you smoke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_ixtzRlxU&feature=related at 3:20
Quote by humperdunk
this is really the dumbest thing you've heard people say?

Wow.

In recent memory, yes.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by National_Anthem
My friends are convinced that your eyeballs fall out of your skull if you sneeze without blinking.

You mean it doesn't? I had a loopy teacher who told me a story about that when I was maybe 12. She said a kid didn't believe her and did it in front of a mirror which cut up his eyes when they flew out.

I feel like an arse now.

Stupidest misconception that my friends have had?

That guitar players get all the girls

**** you, bass players.
A few acquaintances of mine in language class were discussing homosexuality, and the one came out with this:
"Lesbians must still like men because they use dildos, right? It means they're attracted to men with bits, so why don't they get a boyfriend?"
I know some stupid people.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Lefty7Stringer
well over time pot can damage your short term memory causing you to have trouble remembering things from not too long ago, but it doesn't instantly and completely repress short term memories.

No, see, I knew that, and I said that to them, and they were talking about pretty much instant amnesia within a two to four hour period
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by National_Anthem

Actually, that is true

EDIT: And I wouldn't suggest trying to hold them open when sneezing
Last edited by SuperswedeR at Jul 22, 2008,
My cousin thought chipmunks were called chinkmunks.
I will make you change your mind.

Quote by wizards?
*e-hugs mindchanger*
"you're still awesome"
This kid at my school insisted the holocaust didn't happen. my school is like 60% jewish or something so he took a lot of crap for that. anyway he still holds his beliefs to this day.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by jasonmetal love

No.
Mythbusters did it.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
for some reason my friends are convinced im a virgin even when i slept with a girl at one of their houses and was caught by his parents. i think they just like picking on me
I've also met people who will swear to you on their life that completed nuclear bombs were found in Iraq in silos, aimed at the US, and that the liberal media didn't report it to continue to make Bush look bad.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by ANTHRAX†
I hate it when people call metal "screamo".
If that counts.

>.<

"lolz you like teh JFAC? I hate Screamo music."

Makes me want to slap someone.

I hate when people call JFAC metal.

I kid...

Quote by Lefty7Stringer

Thanks for the contribution...

Quote by humperdunk
This kid at my school insisted the holocaust didn't happen. my school is like 60% jewish or something so he took a lot of crap for that. anyway he still holds his beliefs to this day.

That's a pretty common understanding actually. Quite a few people believe it never happened. If this is the stupidest thing you've ever heard, you must live in a pretty smart area.
Last edited by Stoner0405 at Jul 22, 2008,
i had a teacher who said if a tree falls in the middle of nowhere, and no one is around to hear it, it wouldnt make a sound. we had an argument on that for about 20 minutes.

me: 'so, if a tree falls and your beside it, its very loud right?'
her: 'yes, it is very loud'
me: so if no one is around, and a tree falls, it knows that no one will hear it, therefore making the choice to not make the effort of making a sound.
her: yes
me: how did you make it through college
her: well what does that have to do with anything
me:nevermind
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Quote by wiggy1988
that if gay parents adopted a child, the child would end up gay *facepalm*

That's not entirely false. One could argue that the child could pick up homosexual behaviour from the parents though classical conditioning.

Biologically its false of course.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Most of my friends think that gays make a choice to be gay. And that death metal is Satanic. Most of them are conservative Christians, however.
my freind read the word antique. and he read it anti-que
like que in spanish. so like not que. idk. i didnt correct him for a few days. it was funny as hell.
If you are reading this now you are my B**ch.
Quote by robertreilly666
That's not entirely false. One could argue that the child could pick up homosexual behaviour from the parents though classical conditioning.

Biologically its false of course.

So what, do the straight parents of gay children secretly act flamboyant in their spare time, or something?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
i had a teacher who said if a tree falls in the middle of nowhere, and no one is around to hear it, it wouldnt make a sound. we had an argument on that for about 20 minutes.

In Philosophy we call this a "false syllogism", in that by deduction it comes to a false conclusion which it is difficult to disprove.

Quote by Dinkydaisy
So what, do the straight parents of gay children secretly act flamboyant in their spare time, or something?

lol I doubt it. But of course that is why I said it was biologically false, in that if homosexuality has biological origins (which many people believe) then the conditioning would make little or no difference.

But that homosexual behaviour could be picked up at least as a façade or simply as a way of speaking or walking etc. though classical conditioning is completely true, it would depend highly on the age at which the child was adopted and how they reacted to that.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Last edited by robertreilly666 at Jul 22, 2008,
I have friends who thought and still think that Bush is a good president.
They also believe that John McCain is smart and the Obama knows nothing about economics.

Other friends hate rock cause they claim that you can never understand what they're saying. They meant rock, not metal.
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be

me: 'so, if a tree falls and your beside it, its very loud right?'
her: 'yes, it is very loud'
me: so if no one is around, and a tree falls, it knows that no one will hear it, therefore making the choice to not make the effort of making a sound.
her: yes
me: how did you make it through college
her: well what does that have to do with anything
me:nevermind

that's actually semi-correct, but it's a technicallity. Sounds arewhat our ears reconfigure certian frequencies of vibrations as. "Sounds" made then, with ABSOLUTELY no one to hear it only make a vibration, not sound, as there are no ears to translate the vibrations produced by the tree into true "sound." Like I said, it's a technicallity, so it's half correct, but for all sakes and purposes, yes it does make a sound.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Page 1 of 4