Has anyone on here played/owned or know anything about Emperor Cabs? I noticed that Nachtmystium use them, so i looked into them since I also know Matt Pike of High on Fire has a 4x12 from them, and it appears a lot of bands are using them (Russian Circles, Pelican, These Arms Are Snakes, Every Time I Die, Darkest Hour, Ghengis Tron, plus the two i mentioned), and the cabs look pretty cool. they don't use Tolex, but instead stain the woods whatever color you want, and will load them with speakers of your choice. Not only that, but they have a 6x12 cab (yes, 6x12) which looks utterly bitchin.

Here's the link for the website: http://www.emperorcabs.com/HOME2007.html

According to the limited info i was able to pull up on Harmony Central reviews, a custom cab from them can be had for around/less than the price of a Mesa or Marshall 4x12, which that they're pretty nicely priced, especially for a custom cab. I'm pretty interested in these cabs, so any info will be appreciated.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
According to the limited info i was able to pull up on Harmony Central reviews, a custom cab from them can be had for around/less than the price of a Mesa or Marshall 4x12, which that they're pretty nicely priced, especially for a custom cab. I'm pretty interested in these cabs, so any info will be appreciated.

Definitely not.

I asked for a quote from them for a 2x12 cab loaded with V30s or Legends, stained dark red and they told me:

This cab is $825 + shipping with v30's or legends. Turn around time
is about 3.5 weeks. Any color stain and grill we offer.

That's EXPENSIVE, those things better be crazy good for that price. Look awesome though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
those 6x12 cabs look nice though i would rather have a custom cab made with 2x15 on the bottom, 2x12 in the middle, and 2x10 on top.

you have your highs and lows.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
/\

Haha, true, but i was thinking of getting a 6x12, running it with a Vader 2x15, then throwing my 2x12 on top of it and seeing how that carried. I figurded brutal bass from the 2x15, nice articulation from the 2x12s (maybe the cab to run wet for effects), and they the oomph and clarity of a 4x12, but with 2 more speakers! It'd be 1.5 times more oomph and clarity!

/\/\

Holy crap, $825 for 2x12 with Vintage 30s?...actually, a stereo, Vintage 30 loaded EarCandy Buzzbomb with wheels (or casters, if that's the correct name), black tolex and peppered grill cloth will cost that much. Although, I bet the Emperor's DO sound better since I've noticed a lot of bands using them lately (not just from Endorsements, i mean like ACTUALLY toting the cab and using it). Either way, now that I have a realistic idea of the price, i'll try to get some more info. Thanks!
Quote by MatrixClaw
Definitely not.

I asked for a quote from them for a 2x12 cab loaded with V30s or Legends, stained dark red and they told me:

That's EXPENSIVE, those things better be crazy good for that price. Look awesome though

idk i've seen a used mesa 2x12 with a sizable rip in the grill cloth for 629 (i realize this sounds odd, i was very surprised) so maybe that's not that far off, and they are making it for you
Last edited by UntoExistence at Dec 28, 2009,
A 2x12 with V30s from Avatar is ~400. =/
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Quote by MatrixClaw
Definitely not.

A friend of mine from another forum got this from them:

"thanks for your interest...

our 4x12's are $775 loaded with our 70 watt stock jensen speaker. We start work with a 50% deposit, turn around is about 3 weeks. Price includes any color stain and grill we offer, please add $50 for eminence upgrade, $150 celestion."

Unloaded 4x12s are like, 250 cheaper, and unloaded 2x12s are like, 175 cheaper than that. AND they'll make cabs to whatever specs, IIRC.

I'd love to get a 2x15 or an 8x12 done by them. You know, for overkill.
Quote by glemnar
A 2x12 with V30s from Avatar is ~400. =/

Avatar doesn't make 6x12s, 2x15's, and they don't do full custom jobs.
Agreed, but if you're getting a 2x12, Avatar is half the price ; )
Quote by Minion2580
What are some things I should do to make sure I don't touch the wrong thing and die?

Gears:

Vox AC30HH +Avatar 2x12
Martin D-35 Dreadnaught
Carvin CT6T
Quote by glemnar
Agreed, but if you're getting a 2x12, Avatar is half the price ; )

From what I've heard from other people on other forums, standard loaded 2x12s are 475. 75 dollars more for a full custom cab that looks better than an Avatar, and I'd be more inclined to use.