First post here, first time asking about this subject. I need a half stack for playing live shows with my band, my current 120 combo isn't cutting it outside of a basement. I happen to have 4 Gorilla GG-20s (don't ask why, I'm not even sure) and I love them. Kickass little combos. I love the sound out of them, and I was wondering if I would be able to run them together and use them for my half stack. I know embarrassingly little about amps, and this will be my first big one so any advice you could give would be awesome. Thank you in advance!
you could just plug one of them into a cab, if it has a speaker out or headphone out it should work, not sure bout the headphone but if it has a speaker out, your good, probably with the headphone out too
Just make sure the speaker impedance and wattage matches.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Im assuming their 20 watt solid states. If so they wont be enough volume, let alone the ability to hook all four up i think isnt possible. The most you could do is use one for a head assuming that it has an speaker out on it. But then again it still wouldnt be enough wattage.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
They are 30 watt amps, I believe solid states. I'm not too knowledgeable on amps or rigging electronics, the back of the amp reads 117V~/60 Hz. That means nothing to me, maybe someone could explain it. It has a line out. There is a headphone symbol next to it but it is guitar cable sized so to use headphones I need an adapter. The cables I use for line in fit it fine. This description better?
Quote by SkinnyD31
They are 30 watt amps, I believe solid states. I'm not too knowledgeable on amps or rigging electronics, the back of the amp reads 117V~/60 Hz. That means nothing to me, maybe someone could explain it. It has a line out. There is a headphone symbol next to it but it is guitar cable sized so to use headphones I need an adapter. The cables I use for line in fit it fine. This description better?

Sorry, I don't think those amps are big enough. 30 watts solid state is not very much, and you can't plug extension cabinets into them.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by SkinnyD31
First post here, first time asking about this subject. I need a half stack for playing live shows with my band, my current 120 combo isn't cutting it outside of a basement. I happen to have 4 Gorilla GG-20s (don't ask why, I'm not even sure) and I love them. Kickass little combos. I love the sound out of them, and I was wondering if I would be able to run them together and use them for my half stack. I know embarrassingly little about amps, and this will be my first big one so any advice you could give would be awesome. Thank you in advance!

stringing 4 crappy combos isn't going to work, nor will it sound remotely good.

You do NOT need a half stack for gigging, you just need a decent amp and ideally a venue with a PA.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
WHat kind of 120 watt combo do you have? Sometimes with a combo room placement can help you or hurt you. Try putting it on a chair or something. 120 watts, even solid state, should cut through
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
WHat kind of 120 watt combo do you have? Sometimes with a combo room placement can help you or hurt you. Try putting it on a chair or something. 120 watts, even solid state, should cut through

Bloodshed i can SHED some light on this one for ya lol he has 4 30 watt combos which in his mind equals one 120 watt combo.
few questions:

whats you budget for a new amp?

what genres do you play?

whats your eq at? if your just scooping your mids boost them a bit so you can cut through more

it may work if you ran a preamp into a mixer then out put to all four of the amps

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bloodshed i can SHED some light on this one for ya lol he has 4 30 watt combos which in his mind equals one 120 watt combo.

Oh my oh my, this is not good. This kid needs a dedicated combo
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by IbanezPsycho

I Sure hope not.

TS, what 120 watt combo are you running now? Like it be said before, even a 120 watt soild state should easily cut through, I used one for years and always had WAY more than enough volume to push the stage, not enough to push the entire venue, but I never had issue of not being able to hear my self, I never had the volume above half now that i think about it.
I'm gonna have to ask for a budget my friend
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge