Page 1 of 2
sonic youth, dinosaur jr, kind of like spitting.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Bloc Party!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Bloc Party. Especially Silent Alarm stuff. Banquet is an awesome 2-guitar song, Helicopter has a very quick main riff in it, and is just fun.
My Morning Jacket.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i can't believe no one has said my bloody valentine yet! listen to "you made me realise"

oh, and early modest mouse has some cool guitar parts too.

radiohead is also another one...

the strokes if you like garage rock type stuff.
Listen to Dramamine by Modest Mouse.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Silversun Pickups write great guitar songs. Try playing "Lazy Eye", "Three Seed" or "Little Lover's So Polite"
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by RHCP94
My Morning Jacket.

good call

Dr. Dog (fresh on my mind bc of their new album), The Fiery Furnaces, Louis XIV, Belle & Sebastian, Built to Spill

A lot of bands i listen to have some great acoustic work, not sure if thats what you are looking for though.
I'm just looking for stuff I can play. Acoustic is just as good as electric so I wouldn't mind hearing some of the bands you listen to. If there are tabs somewhere that would be great because I suck at tabbing stuff myself.
Doug Martsch, J. Mascis, and Elliott Smith are three of the best guitarists I've heard period, indie or not.
gotta agree with Minus the Bear. Also: The Smiths. Neither are really a solos band, but they have amazing rhythm work.

and i know this is an indie thread, and i'm just asking for the flames but... plz see sig.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
Colour Revolt for sure
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
This is an up and coming band but that I'm absolutely in love with. They sound like a mix between Maps and Atlases and Tera Melos.

Besides that, all three of these guys are the sweetest people you could ever meet and that makes them a great band in my book.

www.myspace.com/cyrusfelldown
Quote by jackbutt
This is an up and coming band but that I'm absolutely in love with. They sound like a mix between Maps and Atlases and Tera Melos.

That's a very intriguing description, and I do hear it, but I'm not really feeling the vocals. I love the guitar work though.
I would say Modest Mouse...especially now that they have Marr.

Teeth Like God's Shoeshine is perhaps the best thing I've ever heard.
LOL
Quote by Broken_Drum
Minus The Bear?

Absolutely!

Mogwai if you consider them indie. Pete and the Pirates as well.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
deerhoof
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
built to spill and dinosaur jr.

oh and an honorable mention to my morning jacket for being able to play sweet southern rock riffs and still sound indie.
Cyrus fell down were good, interesting work.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I'm excited to see how they grow as a band.

All three of the boys in Cyrus Fell Down are only 19 and are already out playing most of their older peers. Just wait until they're in their 20s and have a lot more experience.

I, for one, am extremely stoked.
Sure, Doug Martsch, J Macsis, Thurston Moore/Lee Ranaldo, Johnny Greenwood are all great guitarists, I'll agree with that, but they get waaay to much praise (at least among the indie mass).

Guitarists who may or may not not be as technically proficient, but who don't really play very "loud", if you catch my drift, rarely get noticed. The National and Red House Painters are bands who use their guitars in a more discreet way and they both have really good guitar work (if you listen closely) but I've never seen anyone praise these guitarists, which is a shame really, because these guys deserve it.

Cyrus Fell Down were kinda cool, though.
YO LA TENGO, The Durutti Column (the "Return of..." album), Elliott Smith, Sonic Youth, Built to Spill, Dinosaur Jr., the Flaming Lips (the "Clouds Taste Metallic" album), Marnie Stern, Pavement, Stephen Malkmus, Of Montreal (the solo from the song "Will You Come and Fetch Me" in particular), Ween, Husker Du, Minutemen, Meat Puppets, Soltero, and Sondre Lerche.

Dig It.
Quote by goldmember1217
What he said.

Don Caballero, Portugal. The Man, and Tera Melos, too.

I tried to get some Don Caballero today at mah local music store, but that didn't have either of their first two, which were the ones I was interested in. I got some Hella instead to quench my mathy desires. I hope it's good.
the wombats have some good riffs and stuff in there

people in planes are okay aswell
lets not forget the strokes!
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Basically JOHNNY MARR!, radiohead, bloc party, lightspeed champion, blur, the subways, ian dury, err not much tbh
Television has amazing guitar playing. They're not indie, but a lot of indie fans seem to like them.
Quote by werty22
Television has amazing guitar playing. They're not indie, but a lot of indie fans seem to like them.

This is very true. Verlaine and Lloyd are two of my favorite guitar players ever.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Page 1 of 2