the strings on my guitar are breaking almost daily, i can't get through a band practice without snapping one, so there is no way i can play it at a gig. in fact, i broke 2 yesterday. ive ruled out that there is a burr in the saddle or something, because its never the same string. anyway, what are some things i can do to help prevent this from happening?

i was thinking of going back to 10's (im using a hybrid gauge right now) i dont know whether that will make much of a difference though, cause even the low e string broke once. being a big fan of steve vai, i do use the trem pretty fiercely... but alot of the time the breaks happen when im playing normally, plus how do the pros manage to get through a night when theyre hitting the trem like a Vietnamese hooker and not break a string?
I think you're just using the trem a little too much. you gotta give the strings time to stretch out and all that. If you get new strings and just starting going crazy with the trem, they are gonna break really fast.
I have too much gear to fit!
Go back to your normal gauge.
Check the saddle and the nut for sharp areas that could cut it.
Also, rub a #2 pencil inside the nuts to sort of lubricate it so if the nuts are sharp it won't cut the string.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
maybe its your trem.....mine have never broke and i even picked my guitar up by mine like herman li being stupid.....
ive just been salvaging the same string, so they aren't new, not by any means. and im pretty sure it isnt my trem cause its an OFR, i dont think its sharp areas cause its never the same string, but it wouldnt hurt
Quote by zakky_s
maybe its your trem.....mine have never broke and i even picked my guitar up by mine like herman li being stupid.....

I do it regularly the ZR trem is beastly. I abuse the whammy bar like this, and have never broken a string.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M