hey I am a guitarist who has recently come to the conclusion that bass is actually quite difficult. I've been trying out different tabs and it is going well. but evry were i look theres someone promoting power tab. i dont get it whats so special about it. also any snazy blues riffs in standard bass tuning open to anything

also bass players evrywere have my respect
Quote by elfrankeo
hey I am a guitarist who has recently come to the conclusion that bass is actually quite difficult.

Admitting it is the first step to overcoming.

Power tab and Guitar Pro are tab programs which play the song to you, which is useful, as you can play along and mix the tracks for the instrument you want. It really helps if you don't know the timing especial.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
guitar pro>power tab

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
another one caught by the idea of "bass is easy". but yeah congratulations for accepting it. i recommend guitar pro. well i like it better, it's about preferences.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
power tab is free so you can find it anywhere. however if you can find a free guitar pro then go for it but usually you have to pay for guitar pro.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
1. Welcome to bass. Its not guitar and welcome to the dark side . More info? Look at the FAQ, its a great resource for the basics and beyond.
2. Blues riffs? Just take the blues scales and work that basic blues patterns. There's been a few threads on blues bass, including one where people contributed their own tabs:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758414

3. Powertab and Guitar pro questions? Take it to Tab Talk. Its a more appropriate forum and there's a sticky devoted to both programs and user questions.

I'm closing thread since iits primarily about power tab and that belongs in the Tab Talk forum. But post up any bass related questions here in the Bass forum as you take your journey down the path of learning the joys of the "low end"