what would i need to buy if i wanted to mess around with recording and editing music? say if i was to record guitar, and then put it on my computer and add drums to it and stuff, what programs and equipment would i need? would i need a recording program and then an editing program too?
thanks in advance
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Here's the cheapest way: Buy a cheap computer mic, download Audacity (free recording and editing program), you can get dRhumba for drum kits, but its not sophisticated and you can't export the sounds or save. That's all I know.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Read the stickies. There is so much information there that applies directly to what you are asking.

Outside of that, you need to tell us your budget, expectations and purpose of the recording, what instruments you are going to be recording, maybe your proposed methodology for recording said instruments, and your comfort level with different types of gear.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.