ok ive dabbled around playing guitar a little bit but what im really wondering is if i do learn how to play will it help my bass playing? or would i be better off just continuing to practice bass?
Do both, it will help how you look at music as a whole.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I find that guitar helps me on bass because guitar focuses on chords (or at least I do when I play). I dunno. I guess it just helps me think straight.
It all depends on how experienced you are, if you aren't that experienced then learning chords and that kind of stuff then it should help your improvising and writing basslines. If you are experienced in the stuff i just mentioned then it won't be as helpful. Personally I found it was helpful.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
no im not experienced in what you were talking about dave... im mainly just looking for something that will keep me learning as im kinda in a standstill right now and i dont have the time for a teacher
Ugh. No. We need to cram as many of you bassists into this one forum so we can all secretly laugh at you when we talk in our Electric Guitar forum.

But really, its the same thing. Just alternate when you're practicing (provided you own a guitar). Practice on each and every time you switch you will still be using the skills and techniques used by bass but just expressed with different rhythm.
My friend is actually learning slap guitar. I guess if nothing else, it'll help you to be innovative.
Classical guitar would be cool since it's got alot of skipping around and your using your fingers alot... but that maybe hard to learn and be efficent at?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Learning any instrument will be beneficial. You can better understand whoever you are playing with.
Quote by dmiwshicldply
no im not experienced in what you were talking about dave... im mainly just looking for something that will keep me learning as im kinda in a standstill right now and i dont have the time for a teacher

Then learning guitar will help you, you'll have a wider knowledge of whats going on and you can take full advantage of everything thats going on around you.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.