I just got back from a local guitar shop. Anyways im sitting their putsing around on a Jem. So I start to play technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert. I have only practiced this song from the tab for a grand total of 30 minutes so some of the parts were improved and iffy imo. So this guy comes and sits next to me and asks "So is that an origional?" Im like "Nah, this is Paul Gilberts Technical Difficulties." He ends up saying "Well it sounds damn good, can you play all songs with those techniques or just this?" I replied "Everything man, I try to maintain technicallity with feeling" Then I SH*T you not he asks "Well I have a 3 piece and if you want it can be a 4 piece band." I didn't know what to say so we exchanged numbers and im debating weather or not I should. It would be nice but I like 3 piece as well haha. Ill go jam with them regardless.
I am in a 6 piece, 3 vocals, and one of our vocalists actually considered getting another instrument.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Here's another:
A couple weeks ago I'd been playing a Jackson at a guitar store downtown. About after 20 or so minutes a big comes up to me and says, "Hey you, either buy that guitar or get the hell out of my store!"....... I left.
Quote by pablo_arg
Here's another:
A couple weeks ago I'd been playing a Jackson at a guitar store downtown. About after 20 or so minutes a big comes up to me and says, "Hey you, either buy that guitar or get the hell out of my store!"....... I left.

that sounds like this place near me. Me and my buddy went in there, and they a **** load of really nice guitars. I was playin this strat, and this guy who works there keeps passing me and my friend and staring at us as he walks by. Eventually he asks me "do you want me to get you a case for that". I just acted like I didnt get the hint and said no and kept playing :P I don't know how they expect to get customers by acting like such dicks.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I was at GC last weekend checking out some cheap tube amps and guitars. The people working there were pretty knowledgeable and very quick in setting up equipment for me to test out. They also didn't kick me out even though I was playing random songs for like two hours... Playing them terribly =)
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
That's pretty cool TS, I wish that kind of thing would happen to, I need a band so bad right now...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i think i'm in the minority. i'm more likely to buy a guitar at a place that's not full of people practicing in the store all day.

i usually test a guitar for maybe 10 mins before i buy. i don't ask to play or touch anything unless i'm serious about buying.
Thats a **** ass story.

you made me feel horrible that ive been practicing Scarified since saturday and i still cant play the intro full speed. I HATE YOU!
Quote by SenorSmiley
i think i'm in the minority. i'm more likely to buy a guitar at a place that's not full of people practicing in the store all day.

i usually test a guitar for maybe 10 mins before i buy. i don't ask to play or touch anything unless i'm serious about buying.

true, but even if I am not buying anything that day, I wont go back when I actually do plan on purchasing gear.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Tubyboulin
Thats a **** ass story.

you made me feel horrible that ive been practicing Scarified since saturday and i still cant play the intro full speed. I HATE YOU!

I have a really good memory when it comes to music. When it comes to girlfriends birthdays/annies then im SOL ROFL
I usually go to the same place but to be honest if the worst store in the world had a guitar I liked at a price I liked I would buy it.

I worked in a few stores when I was in high school/college so I really have a low threshold for the people that come in to make buying or selling a guitar harder.
^ yea but the store I go to overprices things, and are dicks, they really have nothing going for them other than having rare/expensive guitars.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
if something is rare and i want it i'll pay a lot.

do they have expensive guitars - like something that's worth money

or do they have guitars that are overpriced - like they're priced more then people are willing to pay?

usually if you're a serious customer and are there to buy most places are pretty good.
i went to the guitar center that opened in peoria,il in august of 2005 and the staff were really nice. i conversed with one customer who had his own custom made bc rich warlock with the green flame painted on the main body and he was really cool about it when i asked him "what made u gravitate towards b.c. rich?" he was just like "i've always felt most comfortable with it's shape, weight and everything." really gracious about it. after that, my bro bought a cowbell for his drumset and when we were up at the counter paying for it, i told the cashier about the more cowbell skit from snl and she, my bro, and i all laughed about it for a couple of minutes.
Well They have rare guitars, which are expensive because they are rare, but some are just over priced, like their strats are $1200, which is stupid because I can go get one for $1000 at GC. I guess if you wanted something rare (double necked gretsch hollowbody, or solid blue glitter SG), that would be about the only place to go, but I cant believe they sell many non-rare guitars, and if they do, its to suckers.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I dont think they have a website, but yea, they have two blues and 2 greens, they are flipping ridiculous looking. If you don't know what they look like, it is like an SG completely cover in glitter.

edit: it looks something like this, but completely green/completely blue.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p312/JERMDADDY/Gibson%20sgs/sgsparklesilverblueburst3pickup003.jpg
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Huh, im surprised, but they do have a website:
http://www.fullersguitar.com/
Fuller's Vintage guitar

And their strats do go for $1000, I was mistaken, seems like I saw one with a price of 1200, but I guess I was wrong. They have a bunch of rare/vintage and overall unique guitars. We asked why they did not carry ibanez guitars, their reply was "because they suck", it was funny.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jul 22, 2008,
That's cool that you had a good experience at guitar store, since I was treated like crap at a local store.

I went there to buy a slide, but as soon as my brother and I walked in, the guy looks at us, doesn't say anything, and goes into the back room. 5 minutes later, he's still in there and the phone rings. He starts talking, but I figure it could be a business call so I decide to wait.

My brother and I start to wait patiently, just browsing through the songbooks and looking at the guitars. However, I didn't play any, since there were signs that said not to grab guitars without assistance. But 10 minutes later the guy still hasn't gotten off the phone.

And by now, I'm sure that it's not a business call, since he's asking the guy how his wife's doing, making small talk, etc. My brother and I finally decide to leave, since it was obvious that the guy didn't want to help.

And it's not like that the store sold a lot of high end gear or was a vintage store. Their most expensive guitar was a $600 BC Rich, but the majority of their products were knock-off Strat copies, and all the amps were beginner solid states. All the other gear they had, like cables and straps, was really expensive a.nd looked like it would break after 10 minutes of use.

And I finally got the slide I wanted at Guitar Center for 5 bucks, instead of the 15 that the local store wanted.

TL;DR: I got pooped on by a local store.

EDIT: Sorry for bitching about a bad experience in your thread though! Good luck with the new band!
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Jul 22, 2008,