what would be a good combination of Amp/Pedal(s) to get a good SRV sound (think Testify) at a budget of 500 dollars? my guitar is a Fender Stratocaster so that helps..

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
is buying used an option?

TS808 into a Blues JR is a pretty budget wise setup.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
is buying used an option?.

Yes

Quote by igotabcrich32
TS808 into a Blues JR is a pretty budget wise setup.

Whats the difference between the Blues Junior and the NOS Blues Junior? Is it worth paying another 70 dollars?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Not sure how much a Fendr Hot Rod is, but maybe that and a TS808 if you're gunna be playing shows, otherwise the Blues JR is the way to go.
This and This
together would be the ultimate SRV set up.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

would i reeeeeeaaaally need the overdrive pedal if i used the amps natural overdrive???

what about the Boss BD-2 Bleus Driver? Is it any good?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
ok the hot rod series and the blues series, the amp od is not so great, the blues driver is pretty good, i can get a pretty good srv tone at least good enough for me, but stevie did use a tubescreamer so keep that in mind, if you have a little electronics knowledge you can get a kit to build your own on build your own clone, much more versatile and cheaper.
Fender MIM white strat
Fender Blues deville 410
Crybaby classic
bd-2 blues driver
Takamine gs330s
Quote by gbinder
ok the hot rod series and the blues series, the amp od is not so great, the blues driver is pretty good, i can get a pretty good srv tone at least good enough for me, but stevie did use a tubescreamer so keep that in mind, if you have a little electronics knowledge you can get a kit to build your own on build your own clone, much more versatile and cheaper.

now way ill be able to build one on my own (im 13) but thanks for the input...gonna settle for the Tubescreamer and probably the Blues Junior..

Just one mre question: I know its very cheap, and its the Blues Jr smaller brother and it has only one volume control, but what do you think about the Fender Champion 600? heard good reviews about it, only recomending to swap the tubes..
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Small second hand tube combo with second hand tubescreamer
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
I thought that the Champion sounded a bit too "boxy" for me. It'd be better if you tried out some American-voiced tube amps in your budget at your local music stores.
Peavey Classic 30?

Fender and Vox make some nice bluesy amps .
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
/\ with BYOC so long as you have a soldering iron, and can follow directions you're pretty much good to go. And SRV used a Tubescreamer to boost the gain on his fender and dumbles, so the Tubescreamer is basically a neccessity.