Page 1 of 2
picture they look like this:

if a bunch of these guys started immigrating to our planet, attempting to assimilate into our society... would you discriminate against them?
would the tension escalate into anti-alien violence?

what if your daughter said she was planning to marry an alien..
would you give your consent?
If a spaceship parked in my drive and asked if it could take my daughter out I'd poke the alien in the eye with a broom. But maybe that's just me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
TS thinks waaayy too much.

QFT but still intresting topic
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I'd tap that...assuming it had a hole O.o

I ain't putting my junk in that mouth though
The Pit. The Movie.
not if they were strong. or had something interesting to offer. if they were just pussies and there were alot of them then yeah everyone would be pissed at them besides the hippies. if there were only a few everyone would be cool with them, regardless of usefulness. i thought it'd be funny..
as close as you can get to Baileys without getting your eyes wet
They took our jeeeeerbs!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
dude, have you looked around. we're killing each other at a whim because of things like religion and skin color. of course they'd be discriminated against, i think its sad personally. personally i think there are aliens (mathematically speaking its more likely than not) and i think they haven't introduced themselves because they know we'd try to annhilate them.
hmm. there might be violence. The KKK would absolutely hate them. They're a different species. They couldn't reproduce, so I don't think I need to worry about my daughter dating one.
You are not a slave...
Quote by Kensai
They took our jeeeeerbs!

I love you Kensai
The Pit. The Movie.
They look very similar to the Asians, so they would face the same discrimination as Asians.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE

It doesn't really go along with the topic, but I felt kind of bored.... OK I'll leave now
Why do people always assume that if aliens to exist, that they are more evolved/advanced than us? Maybe we're the most advanced civilization in the universe.

(I believe we're the only one :P I'm just pointing something out)
darn you, kensai, i was gonna say that!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by blackflag49
picture they look like this:

if a bunch of these guys started immigrating to our planet, attempting to assimilate into our society... would you discriminate against them?
would the tension escalate into anti-alien violence?

what if your daughter said she was planning to marry an alien..
would you give your consent?

I wouldn't discriminate

Maybe maybe not about anti alien violence, im not too sure

No daughter of mine would marry an alien! Well actually that would be interesting, i'd probably encourage it, some laws would be probably be passed for alien/human marriage. Look at same sex marriage i bet some politician would treat that the same or something I dunno. I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem because aliens are cool.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by Kensai
They took our jeeeeerbs!

Dirka der!!!!

And to stay on topic . . .

Yes, I would discriminate against them. I would show them how things are done here on Earth and lynch me a'couple of them. I would also try to invent an incredibly offensive species slur and call them it.
Those ****ing goo bags ain't gonna know what hit 'em.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by Habit Zero
Why do people always assume that if aliens to exist, that they are more evolved/advanced than us? Maybe we're the most advanced civilization in the universe.

people that believe in aliens, assume they can get here. if they can, they obviously are more advanced, becuase the farthest we've been is the moon.

I think they exist, but I doubt there are advanced races that are essentially humanoid. maybe there's a planet of space bears or something.
You are not a slave...
Quote by Habit Zero

And on a more basic level, that they would be humanoid? The odds that there would be A) an alien civilization in the universe, and B) that it would have the number of limbs in the same orientation as us are staggeringly against us.

I prefer to think that alien life would be more like a Hooloovoo, a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue.

edit: Beaten, but not with a Hitchhiker reference
Quote by self-made_page
And on a more basic level, that they would be humanoid? The odds that there would be A) an alien civilization in the universe, and B) that it would have the number of limbs in the same orientation as us are staggeringly against us.

I prefer to think that alien life would be more like a Hooloovoo, a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue.

edit: Beaten, but not with a Hitchhiker reference

man, you are out there man. In the ether...

seriously cool thought.
You are not a slave...
Quote by toolfan_121
people that believe in aliens, assume they can get here. if they can, they obviously are more advanced, becuase the farthest we've been is the moon.

I think they exist, but I doubt there are advanced races that are essentially humanoid. maybe there's a planet of space bears or something.

That would be awesome,and it would bring new meaning to the bear cavalry demotivator.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Last edited by We'realltoBlame at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Habit Zero

We have only become technologically advanced enough to consider contact with other civilisations in the last few decades. In terms of the age of the universe, that is an unimaginably short period of time.

Compare the idea of becoming technologically advanced to walking into a room. We are only just stepping through the door. Anyone else in that room has therefore been there for a lot longer than us.

In order for us to make contact with an alien civilisation they'd have to be quite technologically advanced. If they're less so than us, yet we're in contact with them, then they must be a few decades behind us. In a universe 13 600 000 000 years old, what are the chances of bumping into a civilisation who are just a few decades behind us?

In conclusion, if we ever were to make contact with aliens, they would be a lot more advanced than us.

Edit:

Quote by self-made_page

Couldn't agree more. Whenever anyone claims to have seen an alien or something like that, they look something like that picture. And it doesn't take the world's most brilliant biologist to notice that that thing is a primate and is more genetically similar to humans than about 99.99999% of species on earth. So people all over the world are arguing that there are beings visiting us from another planet who are more closely related to us than virtually every other species on earth.
Last edited by Malakian88 at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by Malakian88
We have only become technologically advanced enough to consider contact with other civilisations in the last few decades. In terms of the age of the universe, that is an unimaginably short period of time.

Compare the idea of becoming technologically advanced to walking into a room. We are only just stepping through the door. Anyone else in that room has therefore been there for a lot longer than us.

In order for us to make contact with an alien civilisation they'd have to be quite technologically advanced. If they're less so than us, yet we're in contact with them, then they must be a few decades behind us. In a universe 13 600 000 000 years old, what are the chances of bumping into a civilisation who are just a few decades behind us?

In conclusion, if we ever were to make contact with aliens, they would be a lot more advanced than us.

BUT, it took us this long, who is to say it wouldn't take this long or longer for other civilizations? Maybe even in the THOUSANDS of years since God created the universe others have not evolved as far as us. We could very well be at the front of the race.

I don't believe in evolution and all that (thus the Stephen Colbert style joke up there), but I would think that if evolution were so, aliens would definitely evolve with unique characteristics, just like everyone on Earth looks slightly different facially (they wouldn't look like that picture, absolutely featureless). Also, their bodies would be whatever is best suited for the terrain of their planet. However, no other planet like ours is around, and no aliens are around us, so perhaps our world of water and earth, not too hot and not too cold, is the only such ecosystem that could sustain the millions of years it takes for evolution to occur, thus the inhabitants of similar planets would evolve to best suit their worlds, which would be similar to ours, and they would look similar to us.

Dunno though, lol.
Quote by Habit Zero
BUT, it took us this long, who is to say it wouldn't take this long or longer for other civilizations? Maybe even in the THOUSANDS of years since God created the universe others have not evolved as far as us. We could very well be at the front of the race.

If we are at the front of the race, then the others are going to be very primitive and we will have no way of making contact with them and vice versa. In order to be in any contact with them by radio or other means they must be nearly as advanced as us to within a few decades.
they'd have to sit at the back of the bus.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by Malakian88
If we are at the front of the race, then the others are going to be very primitive and we will have no way of making contact with them and vice versa. In order to be in any contact with them by radio or other means they must be nearly as advanced as us to within a few decades.

Well, yes, you're right. But maybe we will never make contact with them, even if they exist? Or maybe it will be hundreds more years (probably more like a singular hundred. We've done a lot in just the last 30).
@TS as terrible as it may seem, i guarantee you taht if an alien came on this earth we would kill it regardless of what it says or does, or we're gonna try to market off of it or somethin, humans are all about the moneyz, and unless they got it, they're gonna die.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
that would be awesome, and if i had a daughter who wanted to merry the alien, i would give them a star treck box set for their wedding gift.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
If a spaceship parked in my drive and asked if it could take my daughter out I'd poke the alien in the eye with a broom. But maybe that's just me.

That made me laugh uncontrollably for a few minutes
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Habit Zero

They got here didn't they? Where have we gone? To a friggin moon.
I wouldn't allow her. I mean, only a madman would want to move into our planet.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jul 22, 2008,
probably the same as we would get from them.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Page 1 of 2