What would be the cost of these components in canada. Looking at top range woods but not like 2000 year old woods lol

prs style guitar

1 piece mahogany back
burl AAAA maple top
! piece mahogany/walnut neck

..also are there any canadian woods that are cheap and good to use that give a tone combination like mahogany and maple (im not from canada loL)
Last edited by tuwyci at Jul 22, 2008,
Quote by hawk5211
hell, here in canada we just walk into the bush and cut down whatever tree we want

seriously?
Quote by tuwyci
seriously?

well actually, yeah.

Im thinking about making my own guitar body out of a nice piece of oak from a tree that I took down in our backyard.

Probably doesn't help you out though...
ok. well are maple mahogany and walnut all natural woods that are common on canada?
Maple and Walnut are very common here. To my knowledge, mahogany doesn't grow in Canada- not the right climate for it. I could be wrong, but Mahogany is a more tropical wood, it grows in South America. Birdseye maple is mostly from Canada.

Edit: Why do you want only Canadian wood anyway?
Last edited by SpamTheBox at Jul 22, 2008,
If you cut down a tree and make a guitar out of it, most likely the moisture content will be massively to high and the guitar will warp as is dries over time, rendering it unuseable.

As for the cost, it depends whos making it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
yeah, cutting down a tree and trying to make a guitar from it wont work. It needs to be set in an oven to reduce moisture content for a long time
Quote by Absent Mind
If you cut down a tree and make a guitar out of it, most likely the moisture content will be massively to high and the guitar will warp as is dries over time, rendering it unuseable.

As for the cost, it depends whos making it.

What he said.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.