I currently have a fender frontman 25r. which, in a bedroom situation, sounds fine. however, i play at church, through a PA. but the frontman isnt loud enough to hear over the bass/drums. when i turn it up around 3, the speaker flutters. which is almost loud enough to hear over the rest of the band.

so, im thinking of buying a fender super champ. maybe....

its a 15w with a 10" speaker. question one...will there be enough head room to play clean, while loud enough to hear over the bass/drums? queston two...if there is enough head room, will the speaker handle it? if not, will a speaker swap fix it?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by chagmaier
I currently have a fender frontman 25r. which, in a bedroom situation, sounds fine. however, i play at church, through a PA. but the frontman isnt loud enough to hear over the bass/drums. when i turn it up around 3, the speaker flutters. which is almost loud enough to hear over the rest of the band.

so, im thinking of buying a fender vibro champ. maybe....

its a 15w with a 10" speaker. question one...will there be enough head room to play clean, while loud enough to hear over the bass/drums? queston two...if there is enough head room, will the speaker handle it? if not, will a speaker swap fix it?

If its 15w tube you should be able to hear yourself play, and for everyone else to hear it through the P.A.

I have not played the amp but usually the speakers in decent amps are designed to handle the amp when its cranked.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
ive been reading where people use volume pedals to bring the volume down, while using the volume/master on the amp to dial the right amount of gain. will this work in reverse? ie, keeping the gain down, while turning the volume up?
My Rig

Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Im not sure that 15 watt tube will be loud enough for you in the head room department. As im pretty sure with that amount of wattage youll be pushin it and at that point youll have power tube saturation. Im gonna say maybe 30 watts is bout right for you?
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by yocomobebes
Im not sure that 15 watt tube will be loud enough for you in the head room department. As im pretty sure with that amount of wattage youll be pushin it and at that point youll have power tube saturation. Im gonna say maybe 30 watts is bout right for you?

thats kinda what i was thinking. is there a way, with use of pedals/minor modification, to get more head room? im just trying to stay within my price range, and keep the fender name. i really like that fender tone.
My Rig

Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Well not really wattage is what comes with the specific amp and im pretty sure its determined by its power tubes. So im gonna have to say no on the ability to get more head room and wattage. Though, dont quote me on this, maybe you could research a signal booster? Like the bbe boosta grande. This might be something but im not sure itll will ultimately do what you want. But really your best bet would to buy a higher wattage amp. Also what is your price range?
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ