im looking to get the TASCAM US-122 interface for recording my band. is this a good interface for recording by mic'ing drums and guitar and vocals with? is it a good interface. im buying it used so i wont have the cd's. can i download the drivers online?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
having only 2 mic inputs it wont really do that good a job at mic'ing drums, but yes for guitar and vocals, and also drivers -can- be downloaded. Some people have some problems with them but personally i never had any trouble with it.
If you want a good workable drum recording go for an interface with at least 4 mic inputs.

Judging from your gear and and all I assume you're recording metal. Not being able to mic the kick and snare separately will crush the quality of your drum track.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Ive heard good and bad reports from that interface.
If you can I would look into a used PreSonus FP10. They generally go for around $400 new

Drivers can always be gotten online

At the very least I would use a 4 input interface with XLR preamped inputs...such as the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB 2.0 however that goes for $350 new and you are better off going for the PreSonus at that point...
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 23, 2008,
i returned mine for its older brother DP-01 FX, no need for a computer to be there all the time, the difference is 300 bucks but the cost is well worth it