i just got a b-52 at100 head with matching cab for a winning bid of 350 on ebay!! plus 80 shipping but pay pal gave me a discount so all together 408 bucks what a steal!

the seller told me the tubes have 700 to 1000 hours use on them should i swap the tubes out right away or do they still have some life in them? i dont know that much about tube amps but i played this amp new at guitar center and it sounded pretty bad ass next to the peavey 6505 on a marshall cab. it seemed pretty great considering the price difference.

so what should i do when i first get it? what do the rest of you guys do when you get a used tube amp?
Originally Posted by timi_hendrix
Gibsons are pure crap, they're made of plywood and don't even have real pickups. Just sponges with silver paint on them and a small spanish man named Pepé inside squealing.
thats alot of hours, replace the the tubes for sure just in case. And B-52's are generaly cheaper amplifiers that sound amazing, new would have been 700 for a half stack, 408 for a used B-52 sounds right, tis no rip off, just replace the tubes which will cost you 100 or so.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
I would play the hell out of it for a couple days then get the tubes replaced, if it sounds bad get them replaced right away.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

ya man just change them you saved the cash on that item so you might as well get it at full potential its not TOO expensive to change them out anyway.
R.I.P. Dimebag darrell
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
thats alot of hours, replace the the tubes for sure just in case. And B-52's are generaly cheaper amplifiers that sound amazing, new would have been 700 for a half stack, 408 for a used B-52 sounds right, tis no rip off, just replace the tubes which will cost you 100 or so.

actually this half stack is a good grand new 600 for the head and 400 for the cab.. and your telling me this wasnt a steal? i think so

so what kinda tube are best for metal but still can bet that nice creamy blues sound
Originally Posted by timi_hendrix
Gibsons are pure crap, they're made of plywood and don't even have real pickups. Just sponges with silver paint on them and a small spanish man named Pepé inside squealing.
wow 1000 hours? thats like 41 days straight of playing.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
change the tubes dude. they will most likely be all wasted.

B52s are great amps. that was a steal.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI