Hi All,

Just bought a new Fender Frontman 65r and I've been playing around with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a really nice, clean distortion (clean distortion...oxymoron?) for rhythm parts. Along the lines of Oasis.

I've got my Boss ME-50 running through it as well, and I'm looking for a real Eric Clapton tone for lead parts.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
eh, boost the mids. Use a medium overdrive setting, not much to say but mess around.
can i also suggest returning the amp?
Quote by Ghold125

can i also suggest returning the amp?

i agree.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
For the price of the ME-50 and the frontman you could have got a decent amp to do what you need instead of a poor amp and a multifx.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Yeah, you're not going to get a good Clapton tone through a Frontman.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by bicko19
Hi All,

Just bought a new Fender Frontman 65r and I've been playing around with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a really nice, clean distortion (clean distortion...oxymoron?) for rhythm parts. Along the lines of Oasis.

I've got my Boss ME-50 running through it as well, and I'm looking for a real Eric Clapton tone for lead parts.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Your only chanceto get csomething like a Clapton tone with that amp is using some kind of modeller (Line6 pod, Zoom g2)
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Okay, say i did the return the amp (I'm not entirely happy with it), what should I look for?

Budget is about $500 australian

Into Oasis, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, The Verve, Clapton etc.
Quote by bicko19
Okay, say i did the return the amp (I'm not entirely happy with it), what should I look for?

Budget is about $500 australian

Into Oasis, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, The Verve, Clapton etc.

Your an Aussie?

I can help you now.

Fender Champion 600 (5w tube) $415
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=f4e52a19-95e3-431e-a6b8-e3e22e87ee1c&p=123714

Epiphone Valve Junior (5w tube)
$215

Roland Cube 30x $479
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=f4e52a19-95e3-431e-a6b8-e3e22e87ee1c&p=120388

Vox AD-30 VT $439
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=f4e52a19-95e3-431e-a6b8-e3e22e87ee1c&p=20920

Epiphone Triggerman 60 (60w ss) $449
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=f4e52a19-95e3-431e-a6b8-e3e22e87ee1c&p=118549

Epiphone Valve Special $459 (5w tube)
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?c=f4e52a19-95e3-431e-a6b8-e3e22e87ee1c&p=136853

All of these **** on the Frontmans
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Leper_Messiah_

Cheers bro, i'll look into these.

The frontman seemed like a good idea at the time, got it home, the clean tone is rad, the distortion is mud. It sounds like there is a blanket over the amp.
Quote by bicko19
Cheers bro, i'll look into these.

The frontman seemed like a good idea at the time, got it home, the clean tone is rad, the distortion is mud. It sounds like there is a blanket over the amp.

Indeed my friend has the 212r 100w version.
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Well, seeing as you've got the ME-50 I don't see what the big problem is. If you want a good blues tone, use the BD-2 setting on the distortion, H>S for the enhance, a little bit of reverb (I prefer the mod reverb myself). Set teh drive at about 12 o'clock, the bottom at about 4 o'clock, the tone at 2 o'clock and the level at whatever makes the volume equal with the distortion on and off. That should get you started on finding a good blues tone, and if you feel like you need more gain just turn up the drive, but I wouldn't go into the "turbo" zone with the BD-2.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Guys, I hate to hi-jack your thread, but… I’m considering getting the ME-50, can you tell me about the delay effect settings? I play lots of U2 stuff and Edge’s sound is all about the delay. Can you advise? And is the Pitch-Shifter pedal up to much?? (Ideal for the start of Even Better than the Real Thing)
My alternative is DD-20, CS-3 and SD-1.

Cheers.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Brian_C
Guys, I hate to hi-jack your thread, but… I’m considering getting the ME-50, can you tell me about the delay effect settings? I play lots of U2 stuff and Edge’s sound is all about the delay. Can you advise? And is the Pitch-Shifter pedal up to much?? (Ideal for the start of Even Better than the Real Thing)
My alternative is DD-20, CS-3 and SD-1.

Cheers.

The ME-50 would work fine for U2. There are a HEAP of options with the delay, which you can tweak to get the right amount of decay time for each song. Admittidly I haven't really used the pitch shift in the time I've had the pedal (which is about 8 months) but I'll have a look at the tab and let you know if you want?
Cheers for the feedback dude. I've done a little digging about and I actually found that in Edge's tour rig he used/uses 3 Boss ME-20's. So if the ME-50 is development/big bro of the ME-20 it must be pretty good.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site