can some1 post a site or patterns for different arpeggios here, i already know how to sweep and i know a few patterns but i wanna find more to make a solo out of sweeps but i dont know theory and that triad thing so i looked here.... thanks
Quote by slayerfrk
can some1 post a site or patterns for different arpeggios here, i already know how to sweep and i know a few patterns but i wanna find more to make a solo out of sweeps but i dont know theory and that triad thing so i looked here.... thanks

if you dont know theory how can you possibly know the minor arpeggios shapes and the major shapes???
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by slayerfrk
yea i just found a site like 2mins ago called all-guitar-chords.com and that helped me a bit with the arpeggios but i would still like some help from people on the site and i dont know minor and major shapes

Learn the theory, learn how chords are built and what scales are comprised of and how they correlate with one another you will find that you can find good arpeggios for solos. It's worth all the effort man.
Quote by slayerfrk
i made this thread to find patterns not so people could tell me to learn theory, im to lazy to learn all that theory stuff, it seems to complicated

Then you, my friend, are the stereotypical reason why many other instrumentalists look down upon guitarists.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by Iron_Dude
Then you, my friend, are the stereotypical reason why many other instrumentalists look down upon guitarists.

It's a shame that this is actually a problem
Quote by slayerfrk
i made this thread to find patterns not so people could tell me to learn theory, im to lazy to learn all that theory stuff, it seems to complicated

Learning theory will open up more possibilities when you solo/improvise, and your all round playing.

If you do take it up however, divide your time equally between theory and actually 'playing' the guitar'. In fact maybe even 70/30. 70 being on the guitar.
Last edited by mdc at Jul 23, 2008,
mdc's right. Don't dive straight into theory and learn as much as you can in a single afternoon. Learn a little bit each day, and let it all sink in.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
if you don't know minor and major shapes, what shapes do you know? wouldn't that be the place to start out?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
-----------------------------3--7---------------------------
------------------------4----------4-----------------------
--------------------4------------------4---------------------
----------------5--------------------------5------------------
-----------6------------------------------------6------------
---3--7--------------------------------------------7--3---------

It's hard to find a song without this here augmented 5th arpeggio!
this would have been a good thread if only the TS didnt make him self look like an idiot. i am really interested in finding out what everyone's favorite sweep exercises are!
Quote by LawnDwarf
this would have been a good thread if only the TS didnt make him self look like an idiot. i am really interested in finding out what everyone's favorite sweep exercises are!

Well, if you want excersises, then I've got one for you. Although, it's more focused on theory, it's still helpful for getting creative with your sweeps! Firstly, play a scale, any scale over whatever frets you want. Then, take one random note on each string and viola, you've got yourself a new sweeping pattern. I usually figure out the name of the arpeggio, but that isn't really necessary for all of you theoryless noobs out there!

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
Ibanez JS1000
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR