I know a ton of these threads have been made but I have a question. when ever I play for a little while I get a pain in my hand around my wrist. It is just a pain no numbing or anything real severe. I am natually left handed and play the guitar right handed. I think my wrist are double jointed. I hold the guitar in a comfortable position and pretty high up.(almost Tom Morello style) I also have really really little wrist. Is it possible this is just pain from the lack of muscle strength in my hand? I just need a little info. Thanks!
yo dawg... i get that too and ive been playing guitar for about 10 years dont worry about it, it just means that your holding your guitar lower than your wrist would prefer... place your strap as tight up as you can so that your wrist is flat with your arm... if you have any questions email me

choco_hobo@hotmail.com
*lets have a guitar-off*
love,
me
Quote by choco_hobo
yo dawg... i get that too and ive been playing guitar for about 10 years dont worry about it, it just means that your holding your guitar lower than your wrist would prefer... place your strap as tight up as you can so that your wrist is flat with your arm... if you have any questions email me

It just looks cool to wear a guitar low.
tendonitis, i have it too. and have had it for about a month now, fishing and guitar isn't making it any better either
Quote by 0RI0N
It just looks cool to wear a guitar low.

It may look cool but if it is uncomfortable it is not worth it. I have my guitar in the top of belly/or a waist level. It is the most comfortable but is still gives me some pain. Maybe I just need to build up some muscle.
Quote by lprocker011
tendonitis, i have it too. and have had it for about a month now, fishing and guitar isn't making it any better either

I don't know how I could have got tendonitis. I really have not done anything to get this. What would cause this to occur?
Quote by TB!Guitar
It may look cool but if it is uncomfortable it is not worth it. I have my guitar in the top of belly/or a waist level. It is the most comfortable but is still gives me some pain. Maybe I just need to build up some muscle.

Joking. But if it's already that high i'm assuming it's something else. Perhaps picking stile or as mentioned earlier tendonitis.
Sometimes it is both of my hands my picking and my fretting hand that hurt.