Poll: Pedal Board v. Wireless
Poll Options
View poll results: Pedal Board v. Wireless
AKG Wireless System
2 67%
Furman Pedal Board
1 33%
Voters: 3.
So i recently got one of those guitar center 10% off coupons in the mail (off the back of a catalouge) and my friend and i are going tomorrow and i have to figure out what to use this on. Its really between two things and im just asking for input as to what people think is more important. The first thing is an AKG WMS 40 PRO Guitar Wireless System (http://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG-WMS-40-PRO-Guitar-Wireless-System-275697-i1170554.gc) . Im leaning towards this one because its the cheaper of the two and my band just got a few pretty big gigs between september and november and i think id like to have a wireless system by then. If anybody has any experience with this system please let me know if it works well. The second option is a Furman SPB-8 Pedal Board (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Furman-SPB-8-Pedal-Board-101349207-i1151808.gc) . I have four pedals that i use and could probably live without a pedal board but it would definatly be a nice thing to have.
I honestly wouldn't bother with either one. I haven't tried the AKG but usually you don't want to buy a cheap wireless system. If there's anything you don't want to skimp out on, it's that.

As for the Furman, it's probably a decent pedal board, but for the same price, or less, you could make your own and it'd be 10x better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
get the pedal board because the wireless system is a piece of ****. If you want a wireless system you got to spend at least $300
Buy something REALLY REALLY expensive. 10% off? Spend a million dollars and you save 100 grand! You can't go wrong!
Pedal Board. A good wireless system with no latency that doesn't suck tone will require a lot more than $200.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
go with the pedal board, you really should spend more money on a wireless....the more expensive it is, the better....at least as far as i know....
I wouldn't buy either. Buy a nice pedal, and build your own board.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
there's usually limits on what you can use those 10% off things on. i got one from musicians friend once and after i read the exceptions i threw it out because basically everything was excluded. make sure you check
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
If you don't walk out of Guitar Center with at least 10% off anyway you need to haggle more.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Last edited by MmmCesium at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by MmmCesium
I think if you don't walk out of Guitar Center with at least 10% off anyway you need to haggle more.

It's harder to haggle nowadays. I haven't confirmed this though, last time I went to GC was months ago.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
pedal board the wireless is just a gimmicky convenience
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge