I want to get his sound, but i don't want a combo and a 2 cabs like he has a want a head and 1 cab. ANy suggestions ...thanks
Last edited by Rushfan2121 at Jul 23, 2008,
Can you give any particular songs (pref. with links to youtube vids) of exactly which tone you want?
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
The guitar tone is pretty ordinary. The bass is very high in the mix and is always either doubling or complementing the guitar line so that's whats making it sound so massive. Just get a nice british voiced tube amp and crank it and you'll be set. He's obviously using a vox so that'll nail the tone, but a marshall would also work. You don't need all those cabs. Guitarwise an lp is what he's using, either w/ humbuckers if you want the tone of the first vid or soapbars if you want the tone of the second vid. Personally I prefer the sound of soapbars.

EDIT: by 'ordinary' I mean stock standard, not bad.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Back in the ninties, he used VHT poweramps. Those provided a real thick, throaty tone. (As heard on Dead and Bloated and the rest of Core)
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION