View poll results: Which?
Amp
9 28%
Wah
6 19%
Laptop
17 53%
Voters: 32.
If I were to have, let's say, around a $500 budget... should I get...

A bigger/possible better amp (SS, because my tube amp doesn't combine well with OD and such)

A wah pedal

A new laptop (my current breaks very frequently, EDIT: but can obviously save up, maybe a Macbook )

Well, suggestions?
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Last edited by md41 at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by md41
If I were to have, let's say, around a $500 budget... should I get...

A bigger/possible better amp (SS, because my tube amp doesn't combine well with OD and such)

A wah pedal

A new laptop (my current breaks very frequently)

Well, suggestions?

Wut?
What amp do you have?
inb4 marshall, cry baby and macbook

But srsly, I don't know a lot of SS amps. But a good wah is the Steve Vai Bad Horsie pedal. I tried it at GC once, it had really good control. And Macbook
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
A very nice wah. For $500, you won't really get a worthwhile computer, and your amp is already pretty good. I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding not going well with overdrive... Perhaps your settings are very strange?
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Don'd downgrade from a tube amp to a solid state amp, that's idiotic.

You won't get a good laptop for $500.

You could buy much better things than a wah with $500

Reconsider your options
you dont need to spend 500 on a wah!
you could get a 100 wah and 400 amp?
only if the amps better than your current one
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Calgone
A very nice wah. For $500, you won't really get a worthwhile computer, and your amp is already pretty good. I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding not going well with overdrive... Perhaps your settings are very strange?

Well, when I combine my Line 6 pedal, the sound gets really sensitive, maybe it's the combining of gains. And if the gain is too low it gets cut off, and making harmonics sound mediocre and such. Whereas if you try it on the cleans of a SS, they sound good either way.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by zakky_s
get a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT and a Crybaby from Hell wah...

I tried that wah, very nice pedal.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
but if you do get the Crybaby from hell be damn sure to get a power adapter, it goes through batteries like no other....
Wrong forum
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by md41
Well, when I combine my Line 6 pedal, the sound gets really sensitive, maybe it's the combining of gains. And if the gain is too low it gets cut off, and making harmonics sound mediocre and such. Whereas if you try it on the cleans of a SS, they sound good either way.

That's your Line 6 pedal's fault, not your amp's. Spend that cash on a proper gain pedal, some of the more expensive ones are amazing
Quote by zakky_s
but if you do get the Crybaby from hell be damn sure to get a power adapter, it goes through batteries like no other....

Haha, yeah, I don't trust pedals on pure battery, of course.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by stringmagician
That's your Line 6 pedal's fault, not your amp's. Spend that cash on a proper gain pedal, some of the more expensive ones are amazing

versatile gain pedal then.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Don't you have enough gain on your amp (assuming you only play blues)?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Don't go SS. I play SS, and I really wish I had a tube. At least get a Valvetronix, which are hybrid but still kick ass.

For 500, you can get a ValveKing, a Valvetronix, a Vandetta, a Crate V-series, or a Blackheart combo. What on earth could possibly make you decide to buy a $500 SS when you have these options available to you?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
A 500 dollar laptop is worthless, to get something good you'll have to save up and I'd say you should just continue saving, otherwise get an amp with a large range of effects instead of just getting wah wah
The Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal is pretty good. I have a friend who plays it through a Crate Palomino v32 and it's pretty versatile.
Quote by md41
versatile gain pedal then.

For sure, a good gain pedal does wonders.

Z-Vex Fuzz Factories are like $300, but if you hear one you won't be surprised about the price. I wish I had the money for a sweet gain pedal
dont use the uber metal as an od. get a proper od pedal.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by aznmetalhead93
The Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal is pretty good. I have a friend who plays it through a Crate Palomino v32 and it's pretty versatile.

Thats ME! I don't think you know how to use an od. If your gonna use it on the gain channel you crank level and roll of distortion, which adds w little gain but makes the sound tight. If you have a full distortion pedal you use in on clean channel. If you crank your clean channel you can also use your od cranked with the gain full.