i just got my new hss strat today and i'm wondering which kind of cable i should get.
i was thinking of monster cables, but iv'e heard terrible things about them.
any input would be great
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
Don't get monster cables! They're overpriced crap.

Check out Planet Waves, Lava Cables, and George L's.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Just get any cable, but make sure the ends and tips are metal. I know this sounds crazy but there are cheap cable companies that make the 1/4" tip from plastic.

Get a cable that is the metal unscrew type, and not the plastic molded ends (like monster). That way, if it ever breaks, you (or a soldering bud) can fix it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Hotline! they have a lot of memory & therefore tangle up a lot, but you can't kill them! I've had mine for a couple years now & it's even been used to tie gear down in the back of utes!! (not that I recommend it!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
the thicker the better... cables are more important than most people think

and i personally prefer pastic tubing over tweed... just feels more durable
Last edited by just17n8 at Jul 23, 2008,
Proel makes Better cables than any other company
They have a Great Guarantee as well they make Tweed or Plastic cables

and they make any kind of cable you can think of and theyre Very high quality for a reasonable price
Klotz cables, Planet waves and Dimarzio!
preferably Classic Series by Planet waves.

Quote by hightension01
Proel makes Better cables than any other company
They have a Great Guarantee as well they make Tweed or Plastic cables

and they make any kind of cable you can think of and theyre Very high quality for a reasonable price

no. my brother has a Proel cable and he accidentally stepped on it, now it's not working very well, unlike my planet waves which i have stepped on many times but still works the same as i bought it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Jul 23, 2008,
I can't really recommend the brand of cable, but make sure you get cables where you can unscrew the ends. with those if they break you can just resolder the joint and they'll be good as new, as opposed to the ones that can't unscrew. if those ones break, you're screwed
Quote by System of a Dog
When I told some random fat guy I played guitar, he tried to test me with this melon scratcher:

"What's a plectrum then?"

He didn't even play himself...
I've come off of several high end cables and recently redid my entire rig with Lava Cable ELC. I've never been happier with a cable and the price is surprisingly reasonable.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
thanks everyone.
very helpful.
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.