I jammed today with my C-1 Classic for the first time, and damn did I struggle thru it. I haven't played a guitar as heavy since I was using my LP Studio. Which sucks, because I'm not a very big person (5'7" 140 lbs) . So do you prefer heavier bodies or lighter ones?

P.S. I'm now considering selling the Schecter that I just bought for a Strat, because I'm not sure my back is gonna be able to handle it once I move back up to college and start jamming/gigging more frequently...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Well I'm smaller than you are (5'6" 115 lbs) and I can tell you, just don't get an axe that's too heavy but the same time not too light.

I own a Dean Vendetta XM and it's a light guitar VERY light. It's pretty comfortable.

But I also play bass, so I'm used to heavy instruments.

So I guess I prefer whats right for me. So just look for an axe that's right for you.
Try it, I dare you!
o_O ill have it!!!

I dont really care about the weight really, its no big issue to me. I've played a friend's Epi Goth LP, my Epi G310 and Variax (among others), none of which seem 'too heavy' to me.

I guess i can understand how Les Pauls could ruin your shoulder if you wear them for an extended set, but I havent had any problems with my shoulders or back due to a guitar yet.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Wow. This might be hard to decide. I own a les paul and a Sg. With a leather strap a Lp isnt that bad ( im 5' 3 and 130 lbs.) . But i would use a light guitar for a long period of time.

EDIT: yall make me feel fat.
Last edited by JessicaGonzo at Jul 23, 2008,
yeh i havent had any shoulder or back problems and i have a heavy guitar
just alternate between sitting and standing and you'll be fine
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Lol just to clarify....I'm in no way concerned of getting back problems from heavy guitars I'm just seeing what type of bodies you like. And alternating between sitting/standing isn't really an option, especially in gig situations..
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Here's an idea for you.
Keep the C-1.. its a good guitar.

Why don't you just do weights
Won't be so heavy after that.

I'm the same height as you and I play an LP and i can jam easily with it.

*Edit*
And... I dont mind, i'll have any body on a guitar, as long as it plays good .
aahhahaha...

i prefer a heavy guitar. ever watch the movie snatch? lheavy means reliability! and besides, if it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it!
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I'm the same height as you and I play an LP and i can jam easily with it.

Gibson LP? For 4 or 5 hours?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Quote by stinger12345
Gibson LP? For 4 or 5 hours?

Use a Strap?

It's not hard, you might be playing with your strap too low which is what i struggled with, if you do use a strap, just higher it a little, don't be too much like slash.. who may aswell not even bother having a strap XD.

And, its a Tokai LP.. But yeah