I borrowed a friend's Route 66 pedal and want to get that and a Tech 21 Sansamp Tri-ac for my new pedalboard.

What I like about the Route 66 is that for rhythm playing, the mids cut through beautifully and I think it would compliment the Tri Ac nicely. Also, the compressor is a nice added plus for my clean sounds.

However, I recently took note of the Jekyll and Hyde pedal and it appears that many more people are using it than the Route 66.

How do the 2 pedals compare? Specifically comparing OD to OD. I listened to some of the sound samples online but none with rhythm playing that I could use as a comparison.
The OD channel of the J & K is exactly the same as the OD in the Route 66. It's just a case of whether you want a distorion pedal as well, or a compressor. It depends what kind of music you play, If you play metal, and your amp doesn't have enough gain to get you there itself or with and OD, then get the J & K. If you play blues and clean, or are just using the OD to tighten up your sound and boost your amp to play metal, then get the Route 66.

Personally I'd get the Route 66.

EDIT: Don't get the J & K simply because more people use it, get it because you want it if you do decide to get it. Besides, do you really need more gain than the Tri AC will give you? If not then you could get the Comp 66, which is just the compressor channel of the Route 66.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Last edited by polaroidvision at Jul 23, 2008,
Your welcome
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet