----2----l
----1----l
----2----l
----2----l
----0----l
----2----l
It's called a slash cord, you play an Am6, but your root note is the F#, the tab tells you everythig...this might be a weird way to do it, i just combined the two fudimentals...tryF#,A,E,C, combination somewere on the neck though, F# being the lowest note.
Last edited by fret-less at Jul 23, 2008,
Fret the basic Am chord, then pinky on high E 2nd fret. For 2nd fret of low E, hook your thumb over the neck to get that one. This will leave the A string open.
wow, thats pretty hard, i can play this chord but i cant use my pinky to fret the 2nd fret as it makes the G and B string muted cause my fingers are all like "ahh! what are you doing!!! get in ze choppah!"

anyway, i think i'll start working on this one just cause it annoys me that i cant do it yet ^^
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
----0----l
----1----l
----2----l
----2----l
----0----l
----2----l

This is an easier way to play it. Play the 6th string with your 2nd finger, then fingers 3,4 and 1. It doesn't matter much if the 5th string A note rings out or not. Common used in bass note walk downs in Am, like 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', 'Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The chords that both fret-less and firstnamestorm posted are correct. As an option (if you need a higher voicing) this is an Am6/F# as well:

----8----l
----10----l
----9----l
----x----l
----9----l
----x----l
can anyone voice this with the root as A on the low E string? in work now and can't visualise the stretch that would be required. Can you do this

----2----l
----x----l
----2----l
----2----l
----3----l
----5----l

it would probably be too awkward to mute that b string on the barre of 2nd fret, as i say don't have my guitar at the minute so don't know if this can be done (but i'm going through some theory in work at the minute )

and if it was a x/y chord would it not be written as F#/Am6 (with the F# as the bass)rather than other way round, sorry if i'm confusing anyone but my brain hurts
Last edited by Mishmash at Aug 6, 2008,
Quote by Mishmash
can anyone voice this with the root as A on the low E string? in work now and can't visualise the stretch that would be required. Can you do this

----2----l
----x----l
----2----l
----2----l
----3----l
----5----l

it would probably be too awkward to mute that b string on the barre of 2nd fret, as i say don't have my guitar at the minute so don't know if this can be done (but i'm going through some theory in work at the minute )

and if it was a x/y chord would it not be written as F#/Am6 (with the F# as the bass)rather than other way round, sorry if i'm confusing anyone but my brain hurts

No, slash chords are written with the bass note on the right hand side.

You couldn't fret it with an A as the lowest note because if you did it wouldn't be an Am6/F# any more, it would just be an Am6.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.